Eddie Hearn on DAVID HAYE behavior: "David Haye has broken boxing's code of conduct"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Joshua Rubinstein, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Joshua Rubinstein

Joshua Rubinstein New Member banned Full Member

Jan 30, 2017
    This content is protected
    This content is protected

2. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    **** off Hearn.

lawslaw likes this.
  3. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    The thing is hearn would be more responsible than haye if haye did happen to cause bellew permanent damage tomorrow night. One day hearn will learn theres more to life than making money. Same with the bboc...instead of being insulted about things people say how about not sanctioning fights like this one in the first place.

Bellew moved up a weight already in recent years. Hes now moving up again. To fight one of the hardest single punching heavyweights in the world straight away.

Even if bellew does somehow beat haye tomorrow night...shouldnt be going into fights like this on the hope the other guys finished.

4. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I agree with Hearn, Haye needs a fine. He said the same things about WK, but everybody laughed knowing he'd no chance, more likely he'd be the one in hospital, but this fight is a mismatch and Bellew could end up on a ventilator. Poor from Haye. That kind of chat is ufc, not boxing.

5. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Eddie Hearn promotes Whyte.

lawslaw likes this.
  6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Since when has Bellew become a saint?

Have people forgotten Bellew in the build up to Cleverly and Stevenson? Have they forgotten how Bellew got this fight made? The things he said about Haye? Anybody remember when Haye was ringside at the Flores fight when Bellew was screaming obscenities and kicking ring trim all over the place?

If people are offended by the things Haye has said then fine, everybody has their own line in the sand when it comes to what they think is beyond acceptable but be consistent, Bellew is being painted as some sort of quiet, respectful man who is on the receiving end of Haye's mouth.

What a load of cobblers, the truth is some people just have selective outrage.

7. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    It's funny how when anyone on here says they want to see a fighter get seriously hurt, there is uproar, yet when David Haye, who has witnessed people like Nick blackwell get put in a coma and having his career cut short, tells another professional that he'll basically do the same to him, we are meant to turn a blind eye and pretend that it is part and parcel of the sport

Unforgiven likes this.
  8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I think the point is: what if Bellew actually ends up in a coma or with a brain injury?
    Will Haye be happy/satisfied with that outcome ?
    Will the Haye fans, or those who say "I know it's a mismatch but I will enjoy paying to see Bellew KO'd", be happy/satisfied with the outcome ?

These are genuine questions.

Obviously Eddie Hearn is taking a risk every time he promotes a fight that so many people claim is a mismatch, whether it's as bad a mismatch as they say or not. He's in a vulnerable position. But then again, accidents can happen in any fight, so if someone gets hurt it might have nothing to do with it being a mismatch. But Haye's already pre-empted that, in a negative way. So in the event of a tragedy, Haye's done no one any favours.
    Which, I think, is going against the written and unwritten "codes" of professional boxing conduct.

People here can say what they want now in Haye's defence. But if Bellew's in a coma tomorrow morning and Haye's smug and satisfied, what exactly will they be saying ?

I'm not even judging them. These are genuine pertinent questions.

Cecil likes this.
  9. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Haye isn't stupid. The majority of fighters that have suffered serious brain injuries have done so after a long fight and absorbing countless head shots. A quick, vicious knock out which Bellew will be on the receiving end of usually results in little more than a headache.

lawslaw likes this.
  10. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    Perhaps David Haye should shut up then and stop pretending what he says "is just the truth".
    When people ask him why he's making tasteless remarks he denies it and say he's just stating the truth.
    That's the problem.

11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    I'm afraid Haye has proven he is stupid with both his behaviour and comments.

It is not for certain that it would be a quick knock out. It could easily become a long night of sustainable punishment against a man not willing to give in through sheer heart and will.

Regardless, Bellew has his family viewing and then you have this animal telling the world that he is going to end his career and put him in the hospital.

Only yesterday David Haye was saying that he was glad to see Bellew saying his last goodbye's to his family and friends.

It is one thing coming hearing words like that from a fan/viewer who have no influence on the outcome, it is another when it is a professional who is in there with the ability to kill through his fists.

12. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    It does make me wonder whether this fight is going to be a completely fake set-piece though.
    I mean an absolute fake/fix. Rehearsed, agreed, scripted. Phantom punches, etc.

Haye's a grown man, 36 or 37 years old, who ought to know the score. Why would he put himself in a possibly bad position by talking about seriously hurting Bellew ?
    I mean, accidents can happen at any time.
    Even if Haye genuinely would enjoy killing or crippling Bellew or widowing Bellew's wife and feel no guilt in doing so ..... (and I'm very doubtful whether Haye feels like that at all) .... it would still be an absolute career-crushing PR disaster for him, if such an accident did occur.

In a REAL fight, serious injury is always a possibility, so best to shut up about it in case it happens.
    But in a FAKE, pre-rehearsed pretend fight, no one's going to get hurt like that. So he can say whatever he wants.

13. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Hayes comments have been disgusting and its why i hope he loses tonight. No need for it at all. I don't think it sells the fight at all.

14. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    The hypocrisy is suffocating. How many millions of people are watching heavyweight boxing to see men punch each other unconscious.
    Words are just words, pathetic how we've been brainwashed to be afraid to speak our minds for fear of saying something Un pc. People can say whatever they like, there is no such thing as hate speech, it's a notion you've been programmed into believing which is designed to erode freedom of speech.
    Words are just words.

lawslaw likes this.
  15. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Hearn holds a press conference 200+ miles from the venue and him and Adam Smith laugh whilst the locals scream abuse at Haye and Davies.
    Maybe the public schoolboys should go in front of the Board.

Work the body and lawslaw like this.