Eddie vs frank (the new hbo/showtime rivalry)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Boxukhull, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Boxukhull

Boxukhull New Member banned Full Member

Aug 10, 2017
    It's a shame really, some great match ups to be made , but I don't think we will see any match ups being made anytime soon

N17 likes this.
  2. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Hearn allowed O'Hara Davies to fight on another promotion on another platform so he isn't completely opposed to that idea. He has said if the offer is a good one then he'd openly encourage a fighter to take the money and go and do it.

I think it will all depend on the fighter, the money and what's at stake.

I think the situation with Buglioni, Burton and Yarde has left many British boxing fans feeling they won't work together and maybe you're right, maybe it's a little taster of what's to come but I'm going to stay positive and cynical and believe and hope when good/great money is on the table they will see sense and make the fights because we are constantly told "it's a business".

3. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah agree above really depend who it is was odonnell not ment to be fighting butler a while back on wardens show

4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Hearn and Warren will not want to look like either is going to give any ground. In my opinion we need middle men/advisors/managers like Andy Ayling, Steve Goodwin and Steve wood to be involved in whatever the negotiations to help get the deals done.

5. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I think Queensberry stringing McDonnell on for months wouldn't help the situation. Eddie has let some of his gigurrrs figutvon their shoes as have frank the other way, problem it's never been their top fighters. Obviously eddie was going to let McDonnell fight on BT/Bixnation until they pulled fight

6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Have you seen the film, "The good the bad and the ugly" in the final scene, where all 3 are in a mexican standoff. Clint Eastwood says to Lee van cleef, "if you want it (200,000 gold coins) your going to have to earn it", and hence the stsmdoff.
    Well its the same here, if u want it (british) your going to have to earn it.
    Eddiez got 2 men before he loses that belt, at the end of the day its a belt that makes fights and shows. why make it easy for Yarde.

7. Boxukhull

Boxukhull New Member banned Full Member

Aug 10, 2017
    I haven't even read what you just put......but I know your the guy who comments on podcasts, amd you right a lot of truths, fair play

8. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Andy Ailing!!! Middle man!!! Are you drunk or high?

9. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    As much of a rivalry as Real Madrid v Accrington Stanley would be.

DirtyOldTown likes this.
  10. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Damned networks & promoters are destroying boxing. Fans don't get to see the fights they want..................why is Davis not fighting Lomachenko? Why not Salido? Why not real competition?

11. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    There's no rivalry. Eddie is streets ahead in all aspects. Old fish eyes is too old now, he has to have a piece of paper with him to remember the fighter's names in press conferences. Hearn is too good at selling a fight.

Beez and KermitTheFrog like this.
  12. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015

Haha. Davis is in no position to fight Lomo

13. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    Maybe your the one drunk or high mate..
    Read what I said again. I said middle man, advisor or managers but for some reason you stopped at middle man. What would you describe Ayling as being?

14. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    He's paid by Warren simple..... it doesn't matter what I think he is or anyone else is but he's not impartial that the reason for questioning his name in the list that's all.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  15. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    I never said Andy was impartial. I'm saying it's usually him who conducts any business between Frank and matchroom and he seems to get on relatively well with Eddie which is why I listed him as somebody who could help as a link to get Frank and Eddie to do some business.

In all honesty, I'm pretty certain there is a bigger issue outside of boxing which makes it unlikely for much deals to be done outside the occasional Skeete- Eggington scenario. People may remember Frank and Barry Hearn went into business together years back just before Eddie appeared with some Darts or Snooker hybrid if memories services me well. Well of course it all went tits up pretty quickly and neither party have spoken a word about it as far as I know (I'm guessing it was in both of their interests for it to be swept under the carpet). Whatever happened there is probably the reason Eddie even came into boxing IMO.