El cinnamon vs The bigger charlo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Eastpaw, May 22, 2016.

1. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Canelo close UD.

3. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Charlo was a bit of a let down last night. I expected more from him. His inexperience at the top level showed. Now make no mistake, Trout brought it last night. That wasn't the same Trout from the Canelo fight. Still, Charlo started freezing a bit and seemed to get into a pattern of just going through the motions with no urgency. When Trout would raise it a level, Charlo just stayed the same, and with a different set of judges would have lost the fight. I thought Trout was outlanding him, by touching his body, and his head. I thought both the Showtime commentary, and Box Nation commentary was biased for Charlo. In a fight where nobody was wobbled or staggered, and both guys landed hard flush shots, commentators repeatedly stated that Charlo was the harder puncher as if someone his shots should be worth more.

Anywho, regarding the question, the Charlo from last night loses to Canelo. He probably won't be an option for Canelo anyway though, as I fully expect Williams to give Charlo the clinic of his life when they fight.

4. elchivito

elchivito master betty Full Member

Sep 27, 2008
    The Charlo bros are strong, but basic. Jermall was lucky Trout isn't a big puncher. Canelo is dangerous when you go toe to toe with him, reason why most try to outbox him. Ggg is the only one I think can knock him out or beat him clearly by decision. Canelo beat a much better version of Trout as well and Canelo was greener at the time too.

5. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Not at all. Trout was like Bambi on ice when he fought Canelo. All herky jerky, bad balance, shorting all his shots etc. Last night was the best Trout has looked since he beat Cotto. He stood in the pocket, got in and out, touched the body and the head well. He got jobbed in both fights though. Personally I don't think Canelo has the ***** to fight somebody like Charlo, or Williams.

6. ElJaguar

ElJaguar Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2012
    ^Obviously the reason Trout looked skittish against Canelo was because Canelo was rocking him with sharp counters and put him down for the first time in his career. Trout mostly busied himself with half assed pawing punches trying to find a way in, but when he'd try loading up, Canelo would make him miss and pay, knocking back on his heels and making him think twice about committing. He was able to trade more confidently against Jermall because he was able to make him miss a lot and was nailing him with flush shots. Canelo is sharper with his offense and defense than Jermall, the main advantage Jermall has is his height.

7. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Canelo is probably too sharp and too experienced for Charlo. You seen what the vastly more experienced Trout was able to do to Charlo, now imagine what Canelo could or would do.:yep

8. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    Golovkin, Who?:think

9. KnightAndDay

KnightAndDay Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Punching power - Edge, Alvarez
    Punching accuracy - Edge, Charlo
    Handspeed - Edge, Charlo
    Footwork - Edge, Charlo
    Reflexes - Edge, Charlo
    Timing - Edge, Charlo
    Effective aggression - Edge, Alvarez
    Defensive prowess - Edge, Charlo
    Height - Edge, Charlo
    Reach - Edge, Charlo
    Chin - Edge, Alvarez
    Experience - Edge, Alvarez
    Overall boxing ability - Edge, Charlo

Fight would be a toss-up imo.

10. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    I don't agree with those stats.

11. KnightAndDay

KnightAndDay Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Specifically which ones?

12. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    canelo would have problems with both charlos and j rock and andrade

13. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    R u serious?

14. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    I rate jrock right behind Lara at a solid number 2 at 154

15. NoDoubtTrout

NoDoubtTrout New Member Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Canelo would school Jermall. Canelo has a great offense, he has (relatively) decent power, great combinations, and good in-the-pocket defense. Jermall has none of those.

Canelo's weakness is footwork and movement. Jermall can't move the way he'll need to in order to win. If Canelo can plant his feet (which he would easily be able to against Jermall), it's a Canelo TKO.