Ellerbe interview with BBC RE: Mayweather vs. Hatton

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kostya Zoo, Jun 26, 2007.

1. skipdog

skipdog Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Just don't have the fight in Vegas. Thats all I can ask for. Madison Square would be tight or even Staples Center. No way Floyd fights in England, that would be fun as all hell though.

2. smokey

smokey Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2005
    The fight money will definitely be based in the US. British boxing fans don't seem to grasp that the gate of a British boxing event is still a pittance compared to the US dollars a megafight generates. I like how the gate prices are a lot lower at the fights, but filling an arena with $100 tickets is less money than a smaller venue with $400-$800 tickets, huge endorsement dollars, and massive PPV buys.

I guess they could do it in the UK, but it would have to be at time synched for the US to not kill the PPV buys.

As for Gatti... you people are sick. Ricky would kill him, possibly literally. It wouldn't be a war. It would be a massacre.

3. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Make it in England at 147 and I'm there. It would be a legendary night, whatever the conclusion. These are two great fighters.

4. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    There's no reason why it couldn't take place in Britain to sync with US time and therefore the PPVs. Add in a massive gate and presumably the fight would be worth more to both boxers

5. teetop

teetop Active Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Yeah, a war like the U.S. vs. haiti. WTF?! do you want gatti to die man?

6. Guru_Too_You

Guru_Too_You ESB OG circa '99 Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    I would love for the massacre to occur in MEN.

7. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Looks as though this fight will FINALLY happen, really hope Hatton signs and makes it happen this time. :happy

8. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    That's the first time I've heard a Yank use the word "plonker".

9. Asterion

Asterion Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Mayweather is a SUPER FEATHERWEIGHT :hey :hey

10. The Kurgan

Nov 16, 2004
    And an old DLH who was just there for the payday and was shot and had had too many fights nearly beat PBF. I think, on this basis, Hatton's chances are pretty good.

11. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    oh goody, hearing ellerbe talk?

12. The Kurgan

Nov 16, 2004
    Absolutely. In fact, I'm still sceptical as to whether this offer to Hatton is kosher or not.

13. Asterion

Asterion Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2005
    De la Hoya fought at 130 TWICE.

Plus, his natural fight weight was 140-150. Mayweather's natural fight weight is 130-140.

14. pit

pit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    More excuses from you .. first you claim he's ducked Hatton and now that he may be fighting hatton he's cherry picking..:huh :-(
    everyone has agreed that floyd needs to fight someone like Shane , Cotto or Hatton .. and now he fighting one of the Three and your still bitching :lol: not only that but you want him to handicap his skill by going back down in weight to fight Hatton at 140 and in manchester .. :lol:

15. pit

pit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Floyd have you been on ICE floyd called out cotto a while back and was straight denied by Arum and Cotto's camp so now your trying to pump the lie that Floyd is running from Cotto:patsch