ESB Tambayan, Piniks Edition - official Pinoy boxing roundup

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 19, 2018.

1. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    I still believe we haven't seen the best of Jerwin Ancajas. His last fight against the other pinoy was a result of his 'off night'.
    He's got a bright future.

PinoyProdigy and BoyBato like this.
  2. PinoyProdigy

PinoyProdigy Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I think it was a great win. Jerwin barely lost a round and that was with him not even going out of first gear. And this was against a legit Top 10 Super Flyweight in Sultan. He didn’t look visually impressive because Sultan will always be a difficult fighter to look against with the awkward style he brings. And you have to give Sultan credit, he tried his best to get past the Ancajas jab and found some success with his right hands.

Of course I would have liked it if Jerwin tried to knockout Sultan instead of being content with winning with his jab but that was the instruction of his corner and Jerwin seems like the type of guy who’ll listen to a tee. Overall, great win.

juppity, BoyBato and titanic like this.
  3. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Agree.
    Like some say, Jerwin carried Sultan because there is no need in destroying fellow pinoy and hurting his future career. A convincing win was enough to get the rounds in for his tuneup

PinoyProdigy and BoyBato like this.
  4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
  5. Boxing Prospect

Boxing Prospect Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 10, 2012
    Raquinels fight should be in Raise. Not looked yet though. He looked class vs Nakayama and is really young. One to keep an eye on for sure

IntentionalButt likes this.
  6. Boxing Prospect

Boxing Prospect Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 10, 2012
    These are a bit old now, but have finally been uploaded as single fights

This content is protected

Another Filipino fighter in action in China earlier this year

IntentionalButt likes this.
  7. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Finally the Full Fight!

8. PinoyProdigy

Jul 30, 2011
    Yap said on Facebook that his upcoming opponent for the WBC title eliminator at 118 is Takuma Inoue. He said he was scouting when he watched him fight in the Naoya card.

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    :thumbsup: That explains why he flew to Japan to sit at ringside, I'd been wondering if he was scouting Naoya.

PinoyProdigy likes this.
  10. PinoyProdigy

Jul 30, 2011
    I really like Raquinel as a prospect. Good speed and power. I want to see more of him.

11. BoyBato

BoyBato Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2018
    Damn it i thought it would be dasmarinas since he's next highly ranked opponent. I guess takuma's promoter just has a lot of money

12. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Vince Paras vs Hirito Kyoguchi.

At 19 the kid is tough but geez a bit too early for a title fight. The boy took a beating.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  13. BoyBato

BoyBato Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2018
    I think paras won 3 or 4 rounds. He was getting better of some exhangges. But yeah too early for him but i like what i see from him.

14. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    The Japanese Champion is legit. Looked a lot sharper, stronger and bigger than Paras. They have Vince listed at 5'4. But he looks smaller against the champion. He is only 5'2. LOL. But anyway for a 19 year old boy. He did well. Move on to the next one. Tell you what, Japan are really producing these hard punching skilled champions in the lower weights. Very impressive.

BoyBato and Boxing Prospect like this.
  15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006