Eubank Jr vs Abraham undercard

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by james5000, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    1. It is wrong greedy Boxers like Money, Tony Dosh, David Haye and Carl Froch earn OBSCENE sums of money along with other Sports 'Stars'.

2. It is wrong that Ed Day Hearn fleeces existing Sky Sports Subscribers extra money to watch boxing.

3. The money going to the people in one above has zero impact on grass roots boxing.

4. The PPV fights are watched by a small percentage of the population keeping boxing a minority sport.

5. I go to the pub to watch PPV fights and will never put sugar on the silver spoon.

6. Anyone forking out PPV for Eubanks v Abraham - simply mugs!!!

nickpoppunk likes this.
  2. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I made a post on here a couple of weeks ago where I admitted some of the worst PPV's I've ever bought. Holyfield vs Ibragimov was probably the worst I've paid for.

However I'll be damned if I am paying for this circus freakshow of a PPV. It's simply embarrassing. I paid for the first ITV ppv and won't be doing so again unless Eubank fights a legitimate top fighter.

nickpoppunk likes this.
  3. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Robbie Davies jnr on the card vs Michal Syrowatka who is 18 (4 KO)-1 (KO loss).

4. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I don't agree with this at all to be honest. PPV sales haven't exactly fallen off the charts so in no way can people who may or may not stream be to blame for the prices going up.

A PPV should only be PPV if it can't be made without extra funding from the public - not to make sure the fighters get a juicy payoff. In all honesty how many PPV over the last 5-10 years do you think wouldn't have still made profit without just being normal Sky shows? A few are justified, like getting Wlad over to the UK but it's a small amount imo.

If you want the sport to grow, go to small hall shows and invest there instead of a Sky backed PPV model.

nurological, Jurgen and nickpoppunk like this.
  5. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    im sure they will bump it up to a decent card. or half way there lol

6. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    i agree with the small hall shows, they need to do more to make them more well known. so the normal public can get interested.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  7. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    This content is protected

They still need a heavyweight fight for my liking

Too many midget fights which could be a stinker

Camaris likes this.
  8. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010

9. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    The only thing Abraham does is follow his opponent around the ring with his gloves covering his face, Abraham is finished and should have retired a long time ago, he has never been any good at 168................

"TKO" likes this.