Eubank vs Benn.... What are you expecting?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by james5000, Oct 2, 2022.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    If Eubank was 160 with no rehydration clause and didn't try and fight like Roy Jones then he would absolutely annihilate Benn. The numerous clauses and conditions make it closer but don’t think Eubank is a guy to take his eye off the ball in regards to preparation and dramatic weight cuts. Think he will stop Lil Benn late after Benn looks good for the first 2 or 3 rounds.

zulander likes this.
  2. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Now available on Virgin TV to buy , it'll do fairly decent numbers now this is the case imo.

If it pays for the show then it will be a promotional success.

3. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Eubank jr via mid rounds stoppage

4. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    This content is protected

5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Could all just be drama and publicity but I genuinely believe he's concerned for his lad here. When we see fighters cutting weight like this we start seeing them getting rocked by jabs or what look like slight clips across the top of the head. It hits the gas tank too and Benn won't let Eubank go for a nonchalant walk about here.

Could see a Benn stoppage here were ref jumps in. Never thought I'd say that about Junior.

DramaShow and zulander like this.
  6. littlebrain

littlebrain Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2022
    For £27.99, I expect to be ripped off.

7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I think this fight is a big risk for Eddie, one he has clearly been forced into to save his bacon with DAZN. God forbid anything goes wrong because of the weight on either side, there will be serious hell to pay.

It could also very easily become a farce with Eubank playing with a tiny Benn.

Charged up by his irrational/hyped up father, Connor will come flying out the gates. I think Jnr will play the matador, and fight off the back foot and let the storm slowly blow out. I think from round 4 onwards he will start to chip away at Connor, and I can see Simms/The Ref stepping in at around the 7-8th round.

I will be watching with intrigue, but I am worried about the fight and the aftermath of it.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    Astro and zulander like this.
  8. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Well put. Eubank will lose his durability and get hurt and stopped in my opinion. The weight is ridiculous

Twentyman likes this.
  9. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    What happens if Eubank doesn't make weight ?

littlebrain likes this.
  10. bulldoze

bulldoze Member Full Member

Feb 13, 2022
    I think it is one of the more intriguing fights of the year.

AJ vs Usyk, Canelo vs GGG, Joyce v Parker pretty much all went as expected.

This is a fight with more than a few unknowns. The weigh in will be fascinating let alone the actual fight.

11. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I think Benn wins a decision in an ‘ intriguing ‘ rather than exciting fight. Eubank Jr leaving too much to do down the stretch and a controversial, possibly Matchroom FC, verdict with ‘ calls for a rematch ‘. Not unlike Eubank Benn 2 without the draw.

12. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Wasn't that the rumor in Eubank V Williams? Liam had done the weight badly. He was getting rocked of nothing shots.
    It's a silly fight with the weight restrictions. Benn isn't exactly a huge lad and i'd imagine his speed and stamina will be effected.
    I still think Eubank will win it - but your right the cut could play a huge almost deciding factor here.

Wonder how the refs feel about the weight as well. Will that "encourage" a ref stoppage on the ropes if fighter A is letting his hands go at fighter B.
    There were few early stoppage calls in Hefforns title fight win but his opponent had wobbled a few times in that round before another couple of solid shots went in. If Eubank or Benn wobble from a shot is it going to get waved off quickly?

Breazer5678 and Twentyman like this.
  13. littlebrain

littlebrain Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2022
    He gets pumped by Tony Bellew on weigh-in night

14. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    I explained why already

Refs have jumped in before to "save" fighters

littlebrain likes this.
  15. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I am shocked by this post. Could you please elaborate? As far as I can see both are supremely talented as well as charismatic. It’s got the makings of a classic.

It will be a true barn burner.

Glenn McKrory likes this.