Evander Holyfield vs Andy Ruiz.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by MarkusFlorez99, Feb 12, 2021.

1. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Difference is, Charles was the no.1 contender when he sparred with Liston while Holyfield was 20 years or so past his prime, and suffering from brain damage.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Heisenberg likes this.
  2. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Holyfield’s workrate and mobility is all wrong for Ruiz.

3. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Huh, that is a good point...But where is the evidence Evander ha brain damage?

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  4. swagdelfadeel

Jul 30, 2014
    Even back then, he was noticeably slurring his words which is a huge sign of being punch drunk. It doesn't surprise me, seeing as all the wars he was in, and the way he used his head as a third fist.

5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Hellacious beating. Prime Holyfield busts up Ruiz and stops him bloodied on the ropes.

6. ironchamp

ironchamp Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 5, 2004
    Holyfield has a tendency of finding the hardest way to make an easy living. He tends to fight up and down to his level of competition so I expect this to be surprisingly competitive with Holyfield being in control and Ruiz having his occasional moments landing one big shot for every 3 than Holyfield lands. Eventually Holyfield would overwhelm him and stop him on his feet if not a clean KO.

7. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    This is a very good point. A fighter who’s entire reputations almost being based on one result. There is quite a group that apply to this category.

with these kinds of fighters we can still respect that potential, but limit it for that one great result when it comes to comparisons with other champions.

8. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    For years you have been saying Charles had ALS/ Lou Gehrig disease when he fought Marciano... now he’s prime?

9. swagdelfadeel

Jul 30, 2014
    Um excuse me?

Please show me ONE post where I said Charles had ALS at the time he fought Marciano and I'll like every post you make for a week. This should be good.

10. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    If it wasn’t you it was somebody very much like you. My apologies if it wasn’t.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    swagdelfadeel likes this.
  11. swagdelfadeel

Jul 30, 2014
    All good brother. I'd also like to apologize for questioning your mental health in the manner I did, a couple weeks ago. It was uncalled for no matter how heated our discussions get, and I never should've done so.

choklab likes this.