First Amateur Fight

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by hagler15, Aug 28, 2017.

1. hagler15

hagler15 New Member Full Member

May 4, 2017
    First fight in October what is the best thing i can do to prepare within 2 months, ive been boxing 2 years

2. JagOfTroy

JagOfTroy Jag Full Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Dental Insurance.
    Srsly though.. where's your coach at? If you've been training for two years, you should know by now what to do.

PIRA and joe brown like this.
  3. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    You probably have the skill set since you have 2 yr experience training.

Assuming you've sparred plenty of times in that period, I'd say make sure you're mentally ready as that plays a bigger part than people think imo.

If you've not sparred then I'd do that but I'm sure your coach has the plan for you so just follow what they say

4. hagler15

hagler15 New Member Full Member

May 4, 2017
    No, i can box fine its just whats the best i can prepare/train to be the best i can be on the day

5. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Are you in shape right now? As in, if you had to fight tomorrow would you be able to go 3 rds?

6. AlixWelterWeight

AlixWelterWeight New Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    cardio cardio cardio, gettong tired is my biggest fear

7. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007
    I reckon most of these fight advice topics are bogus. If you are at the point that you have entered for a fight then you must have a coach, second, etc. Why would you go to a forum of complete strangers for fight advice? Training sure but fight?

At our gym if a fighter did that I imagine he would be pulled out immediately and put back in general population to earn his stripes or move on - showing no confidence in the team is not a good start.

JagOfTroy likes this.
  8. JagOfTroy

JagOfTroy Jag Full Member

Jul 5, 2009
    You make a good point, that's why I'm confused by.. first amateur fight after two years of training... one day a month?

9. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    if its your first amateur fight and possibly the other guys then there is a very good chance everything you have been taught will go out the window, it usually does and you get both fighters windmilling for most of it.

try and stay composed, listen to your trainer and do as they say

if I were you I'd really get the fitness and cardio level to the best you can before now and then, a lot of these early amateur fights have been decided purely on fitness

good luck!

10. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Full Member

May 18, 2013
    I guess these threads are away to handle the nervousness or stress rather than to seek actual advice.

So i guess my best advice is to take it easy, it's just a match. You've been through numerous of fights in sparring already. Just listen to your coach and you'll be fine.

PIRA likes this.