Fitzgerald v Fowler

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Oreet Cha!, Aug 22, 2018.

1. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Yeah definitely. He won't change. He'll stil be an unlikeable tosspot regardless of how many defeats he has in his career.

S.K likes this.
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Fowler needs to stop trying to boil down to 154

3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Agreed, he's incredibly dislikable but I actually think he's a good fighter. I think he should probably think about moving up in weight. Looked a bit awkward and restricted at that weight, despite being in fantastic shape.

Fitzgerald, despite Fowler's bravado, seemed mentally stronger during the fight. He weathered the early storm, kept calm and stuck to his gameplan. Fowler was clearly enormously frustrated that he couldn't finish it in the 9th round and that got to him.

To quote Tyson Fury, Fitzgerald looked like a 'true fighting man' in there to me, whereas Fowler didn't.

DirtyOldTown and im sparticus like this.
  4. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Maybe im missing something here but whats that unlikeable about fowler? That he promotes and bigs himself up on social media to try and make a career and living out of boxing? An what like? Fitzgerald did the same their fighters. Im not on twitter so dont see everything maybe but bits i saw on instagram were a bit cringeworthy at best, but everyones going on like hes the worlds biggest ****.

Great fight anyway. Fitzgerald a lot looser and more fluid than fowler who looked a bit tense at times to me. I think he believed his own and others hype a bit and was maybe a bit shocked with how well scott took his shots and settled into the fight

Scissors and Twentyman like this.
  5. BXNG101

Jun 9, 2018
    Mate, he's scouse and no one can understand a word he says. He's basically the new Froch. Very easy to dislike him.

S.K likes this.
  6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Best Domestic fight so far this year on a Matchroom show
    Credit to both for putting it on the line

Scissors and Twentyman like this.
  7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    What’s him being scouse got to do with him being disliked?

Scissors likes this.
  8. BXNG101

Jun 9, 2018
    Must you ask this?

S.K and Fhaggis like this.
  9. CasualFan

CasualFan Active Member Full Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Oh wow, I can tell hes a **** just by the tweets he favourites... Gord blimey...

Did someone relay this info to you or did you just sit and watch his twitter feed? :eatingburger

10. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Where are you from?

11. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Everything

12. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    I think it's his arrogance and total lack of self-awareness. It's the same sort of thing that annoys people about Bellew/Froch. Difference is he hasn't earned the right to be so arrogant just yet. He's also incredibly cringey as you pointed out, including his ring walk music. He has just something about him that puts people off - clearly it's there because so many people dislike him despite him not being a huge name.

Thing is, despite not liking him, I will take an interest in his fights - so commercially it's working for him.

Fhaggis likes this.
  13. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    What? No, just had a look at what he'd favourited. It's pretty obvious, given the ones he's chosen to favourite (implying he likes/agrees with them) that he's bitter about the result. Nothing too groundbreaking there, you'd expect most competitive boxers to be bitter about a fight they'd lost.

14. Erics44

Erics44 New Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2017
    I really enjoyed this fight, more than just about any fight i've seen for some time

I wanted fitz to win, not sure why, I don't dislike fowler

someone likened him to froch a few posts up, I liked froch

15. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Yeah, just wondered what it was with you & @NasalSpray , is it a footy rivalry thing or just don’t like scousers?