Frampton=LSC III? No thanks!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lencoreastside, Jan 29, 2017.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Can ye see LSC ever losing to Frampton again? Personally I doubt it.
    Frampton needs to 'pick on someone his own size' from now on - LSC is all wrong for Carl - too many physical advantages.

Dragon Punch and toxedo911 like this.
  2. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Na the fight is good to end the battle. Don't want to leave it at 1-1

3. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    .....and who do you see winning a third fight?

4. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Frampton can beat LSC. He wouldn't be favourite for the rubber match but id say the motivation of getting the one back off the bloke that beat u may inspire him

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Who else is he going to fight? He will be beaten by Selby IMO and two defeats to different opponents would leave him with nowhere to go. Would probably have to rematch Quigg for the biggest money fight left for him.

He only has three maybe four more fights left IMO anyway. LSC and if he loses that he can have a crack at Selby in a big domestic fight.

toxedo911 likes this.
  6. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    I still see it as a toss up. LSC favorite but Frampton can win.

7. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    I agree ....frampton is very small by current-day featherweight standards - his best option if possible is no higher than 122. But can he still make 122? Certainly he will be at a big physical disadvantage against most current top feathers - like LSC & Selby & Quigg. All are simply too big for him. his future looks bleak.

8. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    What a fairweather bunch some people are. Frampton loses a rematch by a few rounds in a reversal of the original result and some people say things like 'he's got nowhere to go' or act as if he's finished.

GTFOH with that ****. Of course he's got a chance of winning a rematch and having success against others. He's a very good boxer and shouldn't be thrown on the scrapheap for a solitary loss to another fighter operating on a wo of class level.

9. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Was he 'all wrong for him' in the first fight? Ridiculous thing to type considering the match-up stands at 1-1....

drenlou, S.K and Sugar 88 like this.
  10. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Leo didn't dominate the fight. It was a 7-5 type fight. Carl can beat him, even if Leo uses his height and range again, Carl can win.

11. gandalf

gandalf New Member Full Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Some ridiculous fickle nonsense on here. Cruz will not have the same success with the jab in the next fight , he s played that card , Carl's distance is usually impeccable. Up close its 50-50 . Next fight will be close could go either way.

"His future looks bleak" lol, such a ridiculous comment.

S.K and Sugar 88 like this.
  12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Get the trilogy made, will make for another great fight.

13. sharpy

sharpy Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Am I the only one not interested in seeing a third fight right now? I didn't find the first one as entertaining as everyone else, let alone last night. I feel like both can take the others shots and it's basically Cruzs 100 plus not troubling punches per round vs framptons windmilling. I'm not trying to put either man down they are both at the top of their division and the top of their game but for me if you watch 1 round of the fight you've pretty much seen all 12 I'd rather see frampton fight selby now although I don't know how the purse split goes as Carl has no belt but would sell the tickets.

14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I'm only interested if the fight is in Belfast. It adds a whole new dynamic to the fight. American fans are so ****, the place will be rocking, Frampton will be more inspired and we have the mystery whether LSC can cope out of his comfort zone.

15. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Let's be honest here. Good solid pros with skills on show. But barn burning action... No. We are all searching for gatti/ward but I'm afraid this just ain't it