Frampton signing with Warren will be a disaster

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm2, Sep 27, 2017.

1. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    The more I think about this the more I think it's a bad move for Frampton.

Warren just isn't going to be able to get the big names to come over here, when was Frank's last big fight Calzaghe vs Kessler?

Frampton just needs to take a look at Warren's current stable of fighters to see how this is going to turn out

Saunders - no big fights
    Flanagan - no big fights
    Warrington - no big fights
    Skeete - no big fights

Dubois and Yarde only fighting bums.

Whatever happened to Frampton and Hearn must have been deep for him to cut his nose off like this.

DON1, S.K, lewis gassed and 2 others like this.
  2. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Warren has been in a HUGE lull regarding big fights but BT will want them fights delivered so let's see what happens

3. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    It all depends on how much BT Sport believe in Frampton. If they are all in then we could see some big fights for Carl. I don't think Frampton would of signed to Warren without promises of big fights.

4. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    I can only imagine Carl is getting some tasty kickbacks from Boxnation / BT without even fighting.

He's probably shooting some cringe-worthy adverts right this minute.

5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Completely agree. Said it from the off I really feel he will regret leaving the McGuigans. His biggest mistake was not insisting on the second LSC fight being in Belfast. He had every ball in his court.

I can see him losing to Santa Cruz again in a rematch and then losing to Selby and then having a rematch with Quigg that is 50% of the significance of their first fight.

Frank Warren couldn't even organise the Saunders-Monroe card properly, it was such a shambles that the main event began around 23:45. If Frampton's goal really is the Windsor Park fight, the best man to go to is clearly Eddie Hearn. He's killing it with the stadium events.

DON1 and yesihavearm2 like this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    What exactly was Warren's last big fight? Haye-Chisora? Did he actually promote that fight though? That was over five years ago.

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He already has a profile, so I don't think it'll be that bad for him at all. He didn't promote it, but he managed to get Liam Smith with in Canelo at least.

8. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    Let's be honest here that had nothing to do with Warren. Canelo CHOSE to fight Liam Smith because at the time Canelo was beltless and he wanted a tuneup which had the added benefit of being a title fight.

DON1 likes this.
  9. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    Still waiting on this big fights for BT.

Warren has failed to deliver for his ENTIRE stable.

10. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Wasn't expecting huge fights on bt right away but there will have to be some soon.

11. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Well, his man was still there at the end of the day. Frampton's return has been announced, let's see what happens. Conlan being on the card already has my attention to be honest. Tete seems to be fighting for the WBO (surprise!) title too, so potentially we have an entertaining card.

12. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Didn't Paul butler leave frank recently? If frank was delivering for his stable, fighters would stay with him surely?

13. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Shocking decision. As was the one to sign with Macklin. How many people are on his payroll.

DON1 likes this.
  14. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
  15. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Moore Macklin Matchroom ...the triple M team would've been fine....it is the warren angle I find baffling...