Frampton signing with Warren will be a disaster

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm2, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    It is wierd,watching the ifl interview just a couple of days before he announced he was going with FW.He said with a small smirk "Eddie Hearn has said,you dont have to like him to work with him".Was it a late,panic bid from BT,FW,but in the end they have got a readymade star and shown they can attract and have the resouces to match Sky and Matchroom.Weather they can deliver the dream fights is another matter,but resources arent a problem so FW cant use that excuse.

2. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Hmm wouldn't entirely agree with the timing of Monroe n Saunders. I have a feeling that was done deliberately to avoid any overlap with callum Smith fight. It may have also been done to minimalise the gap between the main fight in UK and the ggg v canelo undercard starting. I remember thinking at the time it would be crazy to have Saunders fight at the same time as smiths.

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    You might be right, I still think it was bonkers. Far, far too late.

4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Look at the dynamic of this upcoming card and framptons management etc

It is MTK that are the ones calling the shots...Frank is providing the platform and promotional expertise.

MCJ and CutThroatFade like this.
  5. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Exactly could not even secure the McDonnell fight for Butler so he jumped ship quickly.

6. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    Fcuk sake mate, your a real matchroom cheerleader aren't you?!

7. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Yeah if I was at the fight I woulda been annoyed as he'll. Getting home wouldn't have been easy if u were there. Still for me it was almost perfect!!pity the fight was a rather dull affair

8. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    Butler is expendable, Tete bangoed him and would do again so frank didn't want to pay McDonnell a fortune to come over and box his head off and fcuk off back to sky...it's no big deal.

If Butler stinks the place out against Hall again or worse loses Hearn wouldn't give a Monkeys if he retired or disappeared.

9. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    That was a mandatory lol

10. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    Yes, against one of the most hyped prospects in world boxing and a Haymon/mayweather fighter. Frank managed to get a deal done to bring him over without it going to Purse bids when frank would have been bidding with only 25% of the pie.

11. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Not at all. I'm the one that coined the phrase "Mis-Matchroom".!

It's that I genuinely feel Matchroom was the way to go for Carl. Most seem to agree with me, too. Very few are happy with this decision. Certainly not here in Ireland.

BT/Warren or Sky/Matchroom? It's a no brainer.

12. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I doubt they had to fork out much tbh. It was good work from Warren but hardly unbelievable.

Still stands that the biggest fight Warren last promoted was Haye-Chisora five years ago. And like I said I'm not sure he was promoter, think it might have been Hayemaker and Sauerland with Boxnation as the platform.

13. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    The fact that we are debating "Davis/Walsh" as Frank's signature fight over the last several years kind of speaks for itself.

14. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    My initial reaction was that he would join matchroom, until the confirmation that he was going to MTK. I knew Hearn would not want to go into another agreement with Carl without having control.

I'm firmly of the opponent that MTK pushed for Warren. They are using him and more importantly BT as a vehicle to drive their organisation. November 18th is basically an MTK show with Conlan and Paddy Barnes etc.

I don't get the negativity - carl has been clear that he has been given assurances about big fights/Windsor park etc. People trying to make out that Frank warren cannot deliver for an already established big ticket seller/major attraction in Ireland is either a troll, hates Warren or a matchroom bum sniff

15. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    You started the thread by saying frank cannot deliver big names are you saying Gervonta Davis is not a big name?