Frank Buglioni retires

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Smudge_, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Either way, I doubt Hearn would have been paying him 6 figures if he fought on but who knows. That £120k from Warren would probably have been £50k now aswell.

2. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    If I was him I’d have taken the 6 figures but if he can do without that kind of money then fair enough...

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
  4. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Whilst true that's still a lot of money to have made for a lad who's still in his twenties.

I tend to think people sometimes think that a sportsman who retires has to retire for good across the board. Frank could have invested sensibly during his boxing career and now look at getting a 'normal' job, (by all accounts he may return to complete his education as he's a clever bloke) and live an easy life. He's had a good career and he'll never have to worry about paying his bills or mortgage.

5. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Really really really don't care. Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    DuckRoom taking MASSIVE L's recently - poor bu*gers.

6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Maybe his heart just ain't in it anymore. He comes from a good background and is probably financial secure(ish). He's a bright lad and has probably been growing some business interests alongside his boxing.
    It's hard to get out of bed at 5am to go running in the pouring rain, when your wearing silk pyjamas.
    Is the saying in boxing.
    I know he hasn't had life changing payday but like I said, he's a clever lad who was probably running his business interests alongside his boxing and he feels, now is the time to make the move and hang em up.
    Good luck Bugsy

Twentyman likes this.