Frank Warren is deluded

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Nicksp1976, Jan 12, 2019.

1. micker1

micker1 Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    I dont think galahad is an easy fight for Warrington. I think it's a good win for Warrington if he gets a win over galahad. It's a good domestic fight. Battle of Yorkshire and a lot of bragging rights

N17 and moog like this.
  2. Ian_k

Ian_k Active Member Full Member

May 8, 2012
    I've watched the video and I'm sure he says he wants what's best for Warrington and would rather see him in a unification fight
    Sure he mentioned kid Galahad fight will be going to purse bids

im sparticus likes this.
  3. iestyn999

iestyn999 Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Buatsi/Johnson/Yarde. Buatsi and Yarde are at the same stage in their career a British title fight between them is unarguable really. Johnson has been there done it and on to other things. No doubt one or both will face him in the future.

Has callum johnson really done it, he fought limited fighters until he ko'd frank buglioni in a round for British title, never defended it went straight against Artur Beterbiev and lost. So really his level is about the same, and that's the same with yarde and even lydon arthur could do the same.

4. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Galahad is not an easy night for anyone. A defeat in the States is easier to stomach than losing to a local rival as Hatton and Khan have previously shown.

moog and ashishwarrior like this.
  5. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I'm not delighted at Galahad getting a shot either. But it is hypocrisy from Warren. On that basis BJS should never get a title shot again, nor Fury.

N17 and Scissors like this.
  6. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    You'll see I put the word relatively in there mate. Comparing it to potentially going out and facing Gary Russell Jr, Santa Cruz and Valdez.

7. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    Warrington's dad admitted that they want none of Russell.
    If you're comparing risk/reward, Santa Cruz and Valdez might be more attractive than Galahad.

8. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Yes, galahad would be the least risk and the least reward.

9. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    Let's hope that Warrington won't duck such an easy fight.

10. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I never said it was an easy fight but come on mate out of the names given, galahad would be seen as the easiest fight, don't you agree?
    For the record tho bent nose, galahad won't be an easy fight for Josh.

11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Galahad is a very dangerous fighter, unbeaten, desperate to prove himself, decent power and we know how good Ingle’s fighters are with their footwork. I genuinely think this lad could operate successfully at world level. It’s took years for Warrington to get the credit he deserves and Galahad although unpopular amongst boxing fans could also go on to win a world title...genuinely. Warrington will have to be at the top of his game to make sure he’s not that scalp.

N17, Holler, moog and 1 other person like this.
  12. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Actually think vacating might not be too bad. Fight Valdez for WBO, in the meantime Galahad fights for vacant IBF, then they meet end of year in a unification.

13. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree m8, Galahad is very underrated. I also believe many are underrating him as they don't like him as a person, but he's a terrific boxer who is very fit.

N17 and Twentyman like this.
  14. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    What would be the point? Nobody in there right mind would do that. Scenarios like that very really work out anyway.

15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Definitely mate. I’m not surprised with Warren’s attitude to it. It’s a very difficult, tough fight and if he won he’d get no credit for it.

N17 and moog like this.