Frank Warren is deluded

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Nicksp1976, Jan 12, 2019.

1. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    After the first Klitschko fight Fury was going on about a rematch at Wembley. Instead it went to a venue less than a quarter the size of that and sold terribly.

Fury has never been that popular and never will be. He's got a boring style and despite what some say being a good talker doesn't always generate good sales.

2. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Fury is a different kettle of fish now. Thousands of people travelled for him.

3. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    People keep saying this. Thousands travelled to Germany for the Klitschko fight but the rematch still sold terribly.

I don't know why Fury fanboys have to pretend Tyson is way more popular than he is. It doesn't detract from his ability but they all seem to come across as really jealous of the fact that Joshua is a big stadium fighter and Fury couldn't sell out Manchester Arena. I've lost count of the times people on here (who all naturally seem to be massive Fury fans) suggest the Joshua bubble is soon to burst and Fury will suddenly become as popular. He's clearly nowhere near.

Truth of the matter is loads of people hate gypsies and rightly or wrongly that'll go against him just as much as his low intensity defensive style.

im sparticus likes this.
  4. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    If you go to America and ask 100 people whether they know who Tyson Fury or Anthony Joshua is, significantly more people would say Tyson Fury.

5. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009

You're the most jealous poster on the forum, to the point of being a weirdo. You can't let anyone say anything good about Tyson Fury. It's absolutely bizarre. But then again, your opinions sadly aren't your own. They're Eddie Hearn's.

There's actually not much Joshua bashing on the forum. I think people respect his achievements. Pity you can't do the same.

Twentyman likes this.
  6. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    This man will need medical attention urgently when Tyson fury beats Anthony Joshua

7. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Ok it can't be proven until it happened but if fury was to fight wilder over here, surely you agree that it would sell out Manchester arena? A lot did travel to u.s to watch him fight wilder.

8. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Oh yeah, I'm not disputing that.

I'm just questioning how popular the guy is. People on here have, since the Wilder fight:

Suggested the Wilder rematch would do more than a million buys as Fury is now that popular in the States.

Compared him to Ali in the way he's transcended the sport.

Claimed if he does fight in the UK next he'll sell out Old Trafford.

They just seem so ludicrously over the top to me.

9. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Bore off, Tony. A number of us are excited about the return of Tyson Fury, losing 10 stone, fighting mental illness and challenging for world titles. You seem intent on trying to wind everyone up who talks positively about it.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  10. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Fury v Wilder here in UK would do big numbers however if you put Fury in with Povetkin or Parker or Takam then he would struggle to sell out an arena nevermind Wembley like AJ
    In America I would still say AJ is more popular than Fury,. I reckon you would get more Americans going to see Wilder v AJ rather than the Wilder v Fury rematch.

TonyHayers likes this.
  11. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    What makes you say that?

12. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    It's just my opinion however AJ is a World Champion and selling a fight as someone becoming the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world would be big news over in America.

TonyHayers likes this.
  13. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Joshua is easier to promote in a highlight reel sense. He looks the part and stops people which people want to see.

Fury is a much harder sell. The highlight of his career in a publicity sense is getting up when he was laid out by Wilder. How do you build a highlight reel from his fight with Wlad? Focus on him singing afterward?

14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    You really don't like Fury do you?
    I quite like both Joshua and Fury ,both have aspects I like that the other does not but I just can not understand the constant attempts at putting Fury down
    There's about 4 or 5 similar posters here these days of a similar mentality towards promoters or certain boxers

I just hope they box one day as that's kinda what im here for...to watch matches

Inglis_1, Hattonmad and Twentyman like this.
  15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Absolutely bang on. Why can’t we like both fighters, I do. Both have their attributes and flaws. I’m loving the Fury comeback, it’s inspiring. Really want them all to fight each other at least twice. That’s what defines a boxing era.

moog, Jurgen, Hattonmad and 2 others like this.