Frank Warren's picking up

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    To be fair it was the same belt that Ali won, they just promoted a title above it.

2. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    No, it isn't. The WBA World Heavyweight Championship ceased to it, and made way for the inception of the WBA (regular) Heavyweight Championship and WBA (super) Heavyweight Championship. Every governing body has a flagship belt - a legitimate world title belt - and that is the WBA (super). Muhammad Ali fought for the world title belt - the WBA World Heavyweight Championship - the one and only, the flagship. If he were around today, he would be competing for the WBA (super) Heavyweight Championship. The belt is not even the same in material, as if that matters, so you don't have a leg to stand on.

We've been through this before, Sap1en. Pages and pages of it. For some reason, you continue to oppose logic. I'll leave you to it, pal.

Sap1en likes this.
  3. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    I mean, it literally is the belt Ali won though? It was just replaced by the super belt but it doesn't make it any less true what he said. It's one of those things we just seem to disagree on Pal, still respect you though.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  4. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Twitter suggesting that Joyce vs Joseph Parker is a done deal.

Good fight.

5. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I agree. Solid 50 50 Matchup.

6. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    That would be a great fight

Frankie Blue Eyes likes this.
  7. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Good fight. Think Parker will nick it.

Good few weeks for Frank. Fury v Whyte, Parker v Andrade, Parker v Joyce, Avanesyan’s big fight to be announced.

Needs to have a word with Dubois and get him active though. Hasn’t fought since end of Aug? Forget that stupid title which Don King will drag out for a year and get him moving.

Jurgen, DramaShow and Astro like this.
  8. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I totally agree, aaaaa. Daniel Dubous should forget all about Don King, WBA, etc. Incidentally, the WBA is developing into one of the most farcical federations in recent times.

Jurgen likes this.
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Frank is on fire

Frankie Blue Eyes and Astro like this.
  10. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Very good fight. Two very likeable blokes, may the best man win.

Heisenberg likes this.
  11. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    The WBA have been extremely generous to Dubois, though

As it happens, the WBA seem to be screwing over Don King here in favour of Warren. There is no justification for giving Dubois 45%, when the rules are explicit that as the challenger to Bryan, Dubois should be getting 25%.
    The youtuber Boxing Beats and Rhymes was talking about this, and I haven't seen this topic get much traction on any of the forums.

Are the WBA just trying to attach their name to an exciting prospect by any means? Or is this a way to push King out of the game?

12. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    There is also no guarantee that a fight with Bryan comes off. Just ask Manuel Charr about his experiences.

King nobbled him twice. King would definitely do the same to Dubois given the chance.

Anyone half decent looking to sign to fight Bryan is getting screwed over.

Finkel and Scissors like this.
  13. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    The issue is I think QP paid the sanctuinioning fees for a vacation of their world title then the WBA a week later deleted the title.

So I think this is almost being treated as a unification of sorts.

14. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    When is Joyce facing Paint Dry? I didn't realise that was a thing. I can't find information on it.

15. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Fair enough, it sounds like this might be a sweetener at the expense of King, because even if they still held the interim title, they would still only be entitled to 25% going by the WBA rules.

It seems this 45% has come out of nowhere, which King is obviously complaining about