Fury , Problems in his camp ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by evander40, Feb 17, 2020.

1. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Out of the two Wilder looks more like the sore loser type.

Wilder will get the knockout though. At some point the right hand will land and in the last year it seems to be harder than ever.

chico g, POTUS and N17 like this.
  2. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Since when was it best to assess how a man, who has just been "sparked", reacts immediately afterward? No interviews should be undertaken following someone being "sparked".

Look at Tony Bellew following the Oleksandr Usyk bout. That was a disgrace.

Deew and N17 like this.
  3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    True, but it would be interesting in the hours and says after.

But yeah, immediately after a fight is concerning, things also get said in the heat of the moment that can cause problems.. I remember Eubank Sr basically saying Watson was on PEDs and he wanted him "tested"..

Watson was laying in the ring already in a coma when he said that, so the rules about in the ring interviews were changed after that in the UK, that's why they do most ringside on the apron now.

4. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015

Well to be honest with you mate if I played Saturday amateur football, or boxed amateur up until 27, went off the rails on class As and drink for 3 years, blew up by 10 stone, then returned to hard training in my 30s I wouldn’t be the same athlete.

never mind elite level competition. That’s science

5. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    wilders 34, knocking 35 soon. Wilder doesn’t have power that stays like a clubbing foreman power.

his is all fast twitch muscle which will be diminishing already, even if fury loses to wilder, he will be dethroned by someone else in a year or two

Heisenberg likes this.
  6. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Deew likes this.
  7. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I doubt it this is the week of the fight and word of a bad camp is only coming out now.

8. Mr Applebee

Mr Applebee Active Member Full Member

Nov 26, 2010
    I agree tbh. I was actually shocked when Pacquiao was interviewed after the Marquez KO. He seemed pretty “with it” though to be fair to him considering how bad the knockout was and long he was unconscious for.

9. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Right. He looks in shape to me, not 270 pounds. He says he's going for an early KO.

I think attacking wider recklessly is a bad idea for fury, however Ward thinks being up close and not allowing fury the wind up space he needs is not a bad place to be. Ward is a sharp fighter, so maybe Fury is going to do exactly that.

I don't credit Max Kellerman for much but mentioned the name Cleveland Williams, a big puncher with a shaky chin. If Fury sparks Wilder, Wilder is the next Cleveland Williams.

10. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I’m interested at his angle in saying this publicly because I guarantee he knew that Ruiz wasn’t training properly and he didn’t say a thing about it.. Instead he was emphasizing the importance of AJ winning..

11. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
  12. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    There are numerous ways of seeing it, not least that in the UK Fury is a heavy favourite. Fwiw, Hearn wants whoever wins to look as legitimate as possible so I doubt he'd want to discredit Fury if he thinks Wilder will win as if Wilder wins he'd want the argument to be that Wilder beat the best version of Tyson Fury - it makes a match vs AJ look far more serious/scary and therefor valuable to sell.

If Fury is not 100% and wins, that leaves some question marks floating around about the fact that even not with a great camp he's managed to defeat the self proclaimed most dangerous man in the sport - and leave the "whoa so what's going to happen if he fights AJ?" There is value for him in having people underestimate Fury if he thinks Fury will win, not so much if Wilder wins.

Deew likes this.
  13. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    It's hard to say, right now he looks to be punching harder than ever. In his last two fights he has pulled off one punch knockouts from out of nowhere, whereas before he would typically overwhelm his opponents with multiple windmills when they were already hurt or were getting up from a knockdown.

14. nickpoppunk

nickpoppunk Unbelievable Bentekkers Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    the new TKO6 thread :)

15. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Hope fury wins. Fury vs Joshua is a much bigger fight then wilder Joshua.