Fury vs Joshua

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Yeah there's mutual respect there for sure, same with Wilder and Fury. I think both men have matured a great deal in the last 3/4 years. I think the erratic Fury where he could literally say anything (ie some of his poor comments in the past) is gone. Same with the Anthony Joshua 'superior' comments. Both men have changed since that time.

I like Joshua much more now, since he took that loss he seems to have humbled a bit. Far more likeable these days, looks more comfortable in his own skin.

If they fight there'll obviously be trash talk and mind games, but when it's all said and done there's mutual respect there.

Scissors and Twentyman like this.
  2. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    This content is protected

Hearn and Sky have been pushing hard non stop for the unification fight since Sunday morning.

Lets hope Wilder doesnt activate the rematch clause and Top Rank accept Matchroom's offer to make the undisputed fight.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Scissors likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    How p****d off must Whyte be that Hearn just overlooks him and pushes Joshua instead. I’m not bothered really but it does make me chuckle that Hearn bangs the ‘Whyte’s been mandatory for yonks’ line then contributes to it.

4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I thought this but then also though that Whyte is a “free agent” isn’t he. So if he is so pissed off then he should be able to negotiate a separate deal with Fury/Arum/Top Rank easily.

Twentyman likes this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I don't think Hearn is genuine about getting this done in summer 2020.
    I think an announcement for Pulev is imminent and that fight will be in June.
    Fury is in no position to agree to a fight right now either, since Wilder and his team might well want the rematch.

If Hearn had said he's looking at November, I'd be more inclined to believe it.

6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    [url]Dillian Whyte
    @DillianWhyte[/url]
    ·
    [url]23 Feb[/url]
    Replying to
    [url]@EddieHearn[/url]
    How about doing what’s right and forcing him to fight me first as the number 1 challenger

Twentyman likes this.