Fury/Whyte Split confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Thank you matey. Here to counterbalance the Dillian Whyte situation on Boxing Forum24 :) alongside some other solid posters on here.

EJC83 likes this.
  2. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I don’t get it - is it okay for Whyte to care about the numbers but not Fury? At the end of the day, Fury won’t duck Whyte but he isnt going to do him a favour is he? Why would Fury take money out of his own pocket to give it to Whyte, who’s been nothing but an arsehole to him.

Oh wow, you’ve gone on a full on estranged ex wife rant here, you are a very weird grown man to be putting all this effort in here for something so weird. Let me type a couple of simple sentences that even you should understand, though I know you’ll come back with pages and pages of tripe again when you get embarrassed. Hopefully these answer your illogical points;

- I’m not bothered about how many PPVs Whyte has sold - it’s been a point of contention on this forum that he’s even on PPV. I genuinely don’t know off the top of my head, but I’m assuming Fury vs Klitschko and the three Wilder fights are much more than Whytes 4/5 PPV fights?
    - Fury’s the champion. That’s why he gets the big split. He was given a voluntary shot, took it, should have got the decision, got the rematch and won the trilogy too. Doesn’t matter who else he fought if he didn’t get gifted a mandatory. Fury was a cherry pick gone wrong by Wilder.
    - Whyte fought Parker because he needed to establish himself as a contender. No other reason. I won’t go in depth into why that was a dodgy decision too.
    - Whyte was dictated rematch terms by AJ because he was offered a voluntary. If he wins both them fights he still has over £10million in the bank, and the driving seat in the division. But if he didn’t think he could win, why not carry on on Sky PPV whining about being ducked (despite being offered 3 belts on a plate.)
    - Ticket sales in Vegas are much different to PPV sales soft lad. Put Whyte vs Joyce in a football stadium in the UK and it might do 20,000. Put Fury vs Joyce in a football stadium and it sells out - fact. I’m not sure Whyte sells anything in Vegas given no one’s arsed about him over there.

What a strange man. I’m only feeding the troll now for a bit of enjoyment and engagement, but he is deranged.

Twentyman and Furious like this.
  3. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    I said Fury sold 9500 tickets combined in Las Vegas against both Schwarz and Wallin
    Were on earth did I talk about his PPV sales in Las Vegas?

dress it up as much as you like, write a whole essay... wont change the fact that it was an abysmal failure in terms of commercial interest for Fury. And it was two silly fights against two low quality opposition pulling the wool over the eyes of people like you specifically that paid for one of the 9500 tickets.

Fury sell out UK haha.
    Haha!!! He ran away from UK primarily because he couldnt so any of that. Nobody cares about that clown.

yeh ill believe it when I see, thats the problem with you deranged fury worshippers. Fury does this and that on paper... until he actually does half the things people say he can do... people should pipedown.

Can play down Whytes PPV success and commercial value all you want. Doesnt take away from the fact that he is:

A. More popular than Fury
    B. More loved than Fury
    C. More entertaining than Fury

Facts. Thats all I deal with.

4. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    There's far more discussion about Fury, Usyk and Joshua than Whyte.

Whyte is only being discussed in this context basically because he's due to fight Fury. If this was another fight against Parker for example, no one would be discussing the way the money is split because people wouldn't care.

I quite like Whyte, he is what he is, but he's entertaining and I agree that he's taken hard fights. I want him vs Fury to happen because it would be a good domestic fight. Would be a real shame if it doesn't happen in the UK.

5. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    There is a long list of heavyweights that are inactive, dont take hard fights, dont sell enough tickets or PPV sales. Whyte isnt one of them, he is far from one of them. And yet on here he is hated to death! Ask yourself why?

Irrational hate. No logic at all.

Take Kabayel for example, just one fighter out of dozens and dozens that are inactive on the couch paper thin resume.

Than we have Whyte, staying active, taking the hard fights, entertaining the fans, selling HUGE numbers of tickets and PPV.....

Weird people on here... really really weird.

Forum would have you believe Fury is shyte and not worth watching yet 2.5 Million PPV sold. LOL

LOL!!!!

20K tickets sold out arenas multiple times.

people actually go to watch him more than any other fighter with the same stats on more.

And then we have Fury... touted as GODS GIFT to boxing but musters a measly 9500 ticket sales combined across two fights crappy mediocre fights.

Grow a brain. Facts.

6. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    So tel me why fighters like Whyte get so much stick?

I mean compared to guys like Kabayel who are inactive and there are plenty of boxers like this who take long spells off or wait for that one big fight...

Or guys like Fury who get away with taking low level low skilled low ranked opposition on here and still get lauded as the greatest?

I mean Whyte took hard fights consistently for no title at all. Risking his ranking each time.

And his Commercial value is the highest among any boxer without a title. I mean name one boxer out if the 25,000 active boxers that have done better commercially than whyte?

Whyte didnt make 2.5 Million PPVs in one fight, he did it it across multiple fights... indicating return customers. So it proves people enjoy watchint him fight, if they thought he was so shyte they wouldnt watch him more than once, and he wouldnt continue to sell 100s of thousands of PPV sales or sell out o2 arena multiple times.

So why is Whyte hated on here? When everyone complains this and that guy doesnt fight... doesnt challenge themselves???

it is madness.
    Even guys like wilder have a seriously padded CV and dont sell as well as Whyte.

7. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Replied in bold above

Aydamn likes this.
  8. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Because Fury screams that he's not a businessman, he's a spartan/fighting man etc.

So if money isn't an issue, just give him he asks for.

How do you Tyson is a draw here? He's never done numbers here, and he's beaten the same bloke in his last three fight, and that bloke never drew numbers either.

Whyte had done much bigger numbers here in terms of attendance than Tyson ever did. That's a fact. Tyson never come close to selling an o2 arena out.

Aydamn likes this.
  9. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    I think it's wrong to suggest that the situation won't have changed. Fury is a household name in the UK now. He's the second biggest UK boxer behind AJ in terms of profile.

I don't think it's as simple as Fury "giving" Whyte the split he wants. It's the governing bodies that mandate the splits, not the fighters. Besides, there's plenty of pride and ego involved there. It's clear that Fury shouldn't be taken at face value - it's interesting how people will call him a hypocrite/liar but then take what he says at face value when the context suits their agenda.

Obviously the acid test would be if he has a fight here - but I think if/when he does, it'll sell well. Despite him fighting Wilder 3x, each one was memorable in it's own right. All three were really good fights.

10. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Fury v Wilder 2 done in excess of 800,000 buys in the US, at £61 each. That is about £50m, plus Sky offered £10m for UK rights and were outbid by BT Sports. So that fight in the US and UK generated in excess of £60m in tv right fees alone. Fury's half of that (£30m) is more than Whyte has generated in his career in tv rights fees. In the same fight the gate was about £12m too, which is probably more than Whyte has generated in his career.

Unforgiven likes this.
  11. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Them bottom three are statements and opinions not facts. Most would argue incorrect. Just to answer your top point, you was saying that Fury isn’t a draw but then mentioning Whyte as a draw by comparing Fury’s tickets to Whyte’s two and half million PPVs or whatever it is.

Grow up

12. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    When a title is on the line, the stakes are high. So If we correctly assume that title fights typically garner the most attention and the highest likelihood of boxing fans paying for a ticket or buying a PPV (sometimes irrespective of whether they know who is fighting or like who is fighing), then a non title bout is an accurate indicator of how popular a boxer is with fans.

So then.. we take a look at Furys popularity as a boxer after the following factors are taken into consideration:

Fury's popularity by the numbers
    A. He fought klitkcho and Wilder, so already gained ample exposure in the boxing world.
    B. He is promoted by two large and established promotions Queensbury and Top Rank

Fury vs Schwarz, Fury vs Wallin

Despite points A. and B., Fury sold 9500 tickets combined in two separate fights. He also had to give tickets away for free. I believe one arena had 18k capacity, and he only sold 4000 tickets. So basically no one cared to show up to see Fury who had already established himself in the USA. Without Wilder to save his commercial value a bit, this performance was abysmal. And the Media agreed, tearing into Furys pathetic ticket sales.

Whytes popularity by the numbers

Whyte vs Parker
    Sold out 02 arena 20k tickets

Dillian vs Chisora 2
    Sold out 02 arena 20k tickets

Dillian vs Chisora 1
    Sold out Manchester arena 21k

Whyte vs Rivas
    Not sure of final number but well over 9500 tickets sold

So here we have repeat customers, who clearly come out in droves, filling up the maximum capacity. Arguments could be made that if the capacity was larger, more people would come and fill it. Strong evidence of popularity, what other metric is there other than fans coughing up real money to come see this guy fight time, and time again? Actions speak louder than words. Saying fury is popular versus Whyte selling more tickets.... big difference.

Do I even need to mention PPV numbers? Because then the matter becomes laughable that you could even consider Fury to be as popular or entertaining.

Considering the above data which is verified, what I stated about popularity is fact not opinion.

And even if you went out and did a survey and asked people who is more popular, it still wouldn't overshadow what the ticket sales tell us... because you're popular when people pay real money to see you fight, not by what they say with their mouths,.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  13. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    The key difference about ticket sales is one fighter is fighting in the US and one is in the UK. I don’t think it’s a valid argument as it’s not a fair comparison.

Journey Man likes this.
  14. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    So what do you mean, one is in the UK and one is in the US? How does that make any difference?

15. Furious

Nov 2, 2017
    Because if you’re using ticket sales as a metric for popularity - it’s not really a fair comparison unless they both are operating from the same baseline. IE comparing UK ticket sales within a similar time period. Fury hasn’t fought in the UK for almost 4 years so we can’t do that.

For example - I could say that I doubt Whyte would sell well in the US if he theoretically fought Schwartz. I wouldn’t bother to make that argument though because it’s just speculation.

The other thing to consider is whether Whyte’s ticket sales you’ve quoted are down to Whyte or whether it’s the event, undercard and opponent that are also contributing. That’s a whole different discussion though.

Twentyman and Journey Man like this.