Fury-Wilder likely to be postponed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ButeTheBeast, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Nick UK

Nick UK Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Joseph Parker, who has been training alongside him and sparring with him has not tested positive

Jurgen likes this.
  2. Felix Sanchez

Felix Sanchez Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    20 months waiting for the fight that nobody wanted.

He's wasted some time in his career Fury.

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Lucky for the rest he has wasted so much time as he would have run out of puddings to challenge him 3 years ago.

aaaaa and EJC83 like this.
  4. RT7

RT7 Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Apparently he's retired today

Jurgen likes this.
  5. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    If this doesn't go ahead it means that we'll almost have to wait until the summer of next year for any unification fight, the winner of Joshua and Usyk will probably fight again before then, possibly a rematch, I don't know. I really have lost all interest in Fury v Wilder to the point where I honestly don't care who wins, that says a lot about how much Fury has ran his mouth and come out with some truly cringeworthy things that I have him about level on the Bellend-o-meter with Deontay friggin Wilder.

6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    :rolleyes:

Where’s he said this now ​

7. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    I hope it gets cancelled completely.

BXNG101 likes this.
  8. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  9. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Waste of time. Just sums boxing up at the minute.

Scissors, UKboxingfan and Jurgen like this.
  10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    There is none of this crap with the likes of Usyk, Josh Taylor and many more in other divisions.

This Heavyweight circus needs the tent set on fire.

11. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Lol at blaming other people. Team Fury has been an absolute shambles.

12. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Active Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2007
    I don’t know how anyone has the energy to be Fury fan or even follow his career particularly closely. He hardly ever fights, and fights against top guys are as common as leap years. On top of that he’s as dishonest as they come and is always ****ing everyone around. It would be no loss to the sport if he retired again.

aaaaa likes this.
  13. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Povetkin gets a pass and even a pat on the back for “having COVID” and “being hospitalised with COVID”. He presented zero proof and neither will Fury, most likely. And it’s incredibly easy to falsify a test.

The truth is that it’s a convenient excuse, at the moment, and who knows if Wilder is also in the know. The conditions for the bout to go ahead this month seemed to becoming increasingly lacklustre, when the inverse is supposed to happen. An odd setup and Fury never looked right to me for months. His body, even his complexion. He hasn’t had that glow about him.

I agree with the others who couldn’t care less about the bout. I thought this and the Joshua Usyk would be two interesting bouts but having seen Wilder Fury before twice I would just rather have it out of the way more than anything.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  14. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    You’re comparing different times though. Covid was rife around then, old man Arum himself told everyone the other day to take off their masks and stop social distancing because it’s all over - now his fighter is pulling out because of covid lol. Nobody has said Fury is ill and they aren’t really trying to hide the fact it’s a convenient excuse as you’ve alluded to. Pretty much everyone knows it’s the wrong time and things didn’t seem right, they should’ve just said that.

15. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Your longest post ever and you’ve managed to say a whole lot of nothing.

1. Whether COVID was rife or not (it wasn’t) doesn’t provide proof that Povetkin was hospitalised. I bet you’re one of those who wears your 10p piece of fabric thinking that it is actually effective.

2. Nobody thinking Fury is ill is exactly what I’m saying. If this was an inoffensive darling, people would choose to run with it whether they believed it or not.