Garcia-Broner to be shown on Sky

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by PaddyGarcia, Jun 27, 2017.

1. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Can't wait for Buatsi's definitely not read off an autocue take on things.

2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Awesome, great fight and I'm going against the grain in that I think Broner can win this via KO.

Studio wise, would be nice to see OD analysing the fight, Broner fight could happen down the line.

N17 likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think Garcia is going to outclass and eventually stop him in last couple of rounds.

4. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Could be a terrific fight if Broner makes weight and is fighting fit but fancy Garcia to win, special fighter.

Odins beard and N17 like this.
  5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I could see Garcia outboxing/out working Broner but do you really think a stoppage is on the cards?

I look at the Maidana fight, that was at 147 and Maidana can bang and yes he dropped Broner twice but couldn't stop him, Broner showed he is actually rather tough in that fight because he did take a slap.

6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Charlo-Heiland and Washington-Miller also added to the card

Both decent additions imo

CutThroatFade likes this.
  7. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Seen quite a few people say they think Broner has a good chance in this fight, did you guys not see how awful he looked against Granados? I'm sure he will be much more motivated for this fight but I don't see anything other than a wide UD for Garcia.

Jurgen likes this.
  8. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I loved the fight with Maidana, especially when he humped him back. I agree mate, Broner can deffo take a dig but I think he's on the decline and will look for a way out in the later stages. One quick look at my betting history will show that I'm mostly wrong though :)

N17 and tee_birch like this.
  9. Windrunner07

Windrunner07 Active Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2015
  10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Broner is and will be way bigger and stronger than Garcia on fight night. Garcia has power but as someone pointed out, AB went the distance with Maidana. He shipped an almighty beating but was never stopped. He clearly has the chin to withstand Garcia's punches IMO. Garcia is a lightweight. He hits hard at lightweight. He's not tight at the weight. Broner is, he comes in diced at 140 and barely makes it. This fight is almost LW vs WW and I think people need to think harder before ruling out Broner.

Broner put Porter on his arse which is something that Brook and Thurman couldn't do. Not only does he hit hard but his precision, timing and hand speed is killer. He's his own worst enemy with his lack of movement and static approach to boxing but if he hits Garcia flush, Mikey is in a world of trouble.

11. Guy Nicho

Guy Nicho Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I think Garcia is special going for him by ko

12. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Agree with this analysis. I think Broner would fight better if he brawled rather than tried to box

13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I felt exactly the same, the humping was outstanding but Broner's face when he was dropped in round 2 should be on t-shirts LOL also Broner running out the ring and fleeing the scene was beautiful.

You might be right, Broner looks like has abused himself and seems to not give a toss but I just have a feeling he might actually take this seriously, if he does he could be a handful.

I feel you pain on the gambling front, it's not been a good year for me.

Twentyman likes this.
  14. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    You were right mate. Garcia did outwork and outbox him but never once did he wobble him.

Broner just doesn't work hard enough to win rounds. He lacks that hunger imo.

N17 likes this.
  15. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Broner now claims that garcia ran???????