Gennady Golovkin - INSIDE THE RESUME

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stracciatella, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Stracciatella

Stracciatella New Member Full Member

Nov 20, 2020
    Detailed look into GGG's resume. Every title fight (interim, regular and super) explained.

This content is protected

m.s. likes this.
  2. Stracciatella

Stracciatella New Member Full Member

Nov 20, 2020
    His first 5 "Regular" title defenses don't really count, since Felix Sturm was the Super Champion.

The Akbar One likes this.
  3. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    He chose to take the easiest route to the top.

HBO hyped him to no end and even then could only sell 150K ppvs.

The Akbar One, maac and Willie Maeket like this.
  4. Shrollleftupper

Shrollleftupper Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 21, 2016
    His supporters are TWO-TIMERS!

Willie Maeket likes this.
  5. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Answer the phone mofo!-Suge Knight Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    This what baffles me about his internet fans, they only seem to exist in cyber space. When it's time to dig deep and pay for his fights they are M.I.A.. I even went to one of his fights in Inglewood against Monroe. The tickets were very affordable I must say for a guy that was hyped to death at the time. I don't even think his pandering to the Mexicans saved him when it come to holding his own without Canelo.
    Let me give a little credit to this hammer and sickle swinging, food line, Soviet bear wrestler for bringing back interest in the middleweight division though. It was dead as **** until this hype job battered bum after bum along with HBO's hyping of Putin's all star team of Kovalev, Lomachenko, and GGG.
    I understand their motives from a business standpoint when MMA was kicking butt and they needed some guys that represented the "majority" to go out there and put on a good show. But why the guys from the former USSR? What's wrong with finding some U.S. guys?

IsaL likes this.
  6. aaalbert

aaalbert Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Thanks for the post and will give it a watch after work ;)

Stracciatella likes this.
  7. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    He’s beaten how many top 10 guys rated by RING and other outlets?

8. Shrollleftupper

Mar 21, 2016
    GGG's reign was the weakest in the history of the middleweight division. Canelo effectively cleaned out the middleweight division immediately once it became stacked (Charlo < Jacobs and Jacobs beat Derevyanchenko) and is set to clean out 168, having already beaten the #1 guy there, who was also the TRUE champion (Callum was the Ring champion). Cope!

Willie Maeket likes this.
  9. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    They were all easy to him, even those who wouldn't fight him would have been easy. Macklin was hell for Sturm and Martinez, Murray was hell for Sturm and Martinez and Abraham. We know what GGG did to these guys, he was at another level. That's why, Quillin, Martinez , and Cotto wanted no part of him and Canelo gave up his belt.

h8me, Quina74, Staminakills and 3 others like this.
  10. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    He cleaned out the middleweight division by beating just Jacobs and getting gift decisions vs GGG? He has alot more work to do at middleweight to clean it out.

Loudon, Eastern Iron, Quina74 and 5 others like this.
  11. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Maybe Canelo should've fought him as his mandatorty and made it difficult to become the WBC MW champion instead of handing over his belt and waiting until he looked slower and more beatable.

Loudon, Quina74, Staminakills and 2 others like this.
  12. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    Canelo gave up his belt rather than fight Derevyanchenko, and hid behind his franchise belt to avoid Charlo. Canelo has 19 more title defenses to match GGG'S record, to bad it will never happen. The guys GGG crushes are big legitimate wins for the other champs,but bums for GGG when He crushes them. Quit being hypocrites. You cant have it both ways.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Staminakills likes this.
  13. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    Right , and he still couldnt legitimately beat him.

Staminakills and FastSmith7 like this.
  14. Shrollleftupper

Mar 21, 2016
    It's Hopkins's record, not GGG's. Jacobs got robbed against GGG, he did not get robbed against Canelo. No one's avoiding Charlo lmao, he's a joke, you're really grasping for straws now aren't you, you idiot lmao? Sergio Martinez was a very poor MW champ compared to other MW champs, so yes, fighters like Lemieux, Murray, and Macklin ARE trash, just look at their horrendous impersonations of boxing. Canelo's MW resume is gold star quality over quantity whereas Golovkin's is trash quality for quantity; Canelo's MW resume is LEAGUES ahead of GGG's! Canelo did what Golovkin could not get done and unify all major belts (except the WBO) to become the one, true MW champion by beating Cotto, Golovkin, and Jacobs quite similarly to how Tony Zale became the one, true MW champion by unifying all the belts by beating all the beltholders: Al Hostak, Georgie Abrams (vacant belt), and Fred Apostoli (top MW). Deal with it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    maac and IsaL like this.
  15. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    All those guys were old