George "Ferocious" Kambosos, Jr.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jun 4, 2019.

1. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Would be good if he was busier that's for sure, 2 fights a year doesn't cut it, George's PUNCHING power has improved though, he's digging his shots and hitting much harder, his new coach seems like a good choice.

Sandman_ likes this.
  2. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    This content is protected

sparta and Sandman_ like this.
  3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006

Eh, when all is said and done he did the job - but looked shaky for a couple of rounds there. Obviously he needs to spar a wider diversity of styles and not just come-forward guys like Pac-Man. He was completely baffled for a while by Peña throwing some amateur hour tricks at him. Needs to spar more pure boxers.

The show was stolen by Linardatou vs. Hobbs and the savage KO by Nika. GKJ's was maybe 3rd best performance.

ChinMusic likes this.
  4. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Eh...gonna stop you right there...

Fatih Keleş is absolutely rubbish, so don't base anything on him being Paro's opponent. Regardless of his WBO rating, his best results to date are his win and draw against Rénald Garrido (both via MD) - and both were daylight robberies.

He isn't honestly any better than Richard Peña.

If you have other reasons to already be high on Paro, then fair enough, but...don't go "hyping up" Keleş as some worthy opponent, because as somebody that has actually watched him fight - he ain't.

zoley likes this.
  5. sparta

Feb 4, 2008
    In Georges defence I think he was just trying to get some rounds in, test a few things out, also Pena was tall ass lightweight about 6.1 with long arms, game and tough, awkward opponent for George, I agree about the different sparring for George, hopefully the new team around him can provide that.

juppity likes this.
  6. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Pena is 19 and very inexperienced is ranked around 800 in the World so you would think George will Win....But I think the Kid has a punchers chance at this stage of his career not really convinced with Kambosos...

7. sparta

Feb 4, 2008
    George def needs to step up the comp no doubt about that, this was a stay busy fight nothing more. I don't read to much into the rankings as it's more about who you know management etc, have seen time n time again fighters fighting for titles that have good rankings but absolute trash. Experience wise this guy had 14 fights to George's 16, George is talented but still raw himself and needs time, he has good management who know what's best for George. George called out Pedraza which is a good sign that he's willing. Let's see

juppity likes this.
  8. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Sandman_ likes this.
  9. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    This is being thrown in the deep end. Its sink or swim for Ferocious.

sparta likes this.
  10. sparta

Feb 4, 2008
    I would like to see George with a couple more solid fights under his belt before a step up in comp like this. I think he has the power, speed & style to give pedraza some problems, but pedraza is a very good boxer, will be a big ask.

11. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Pedraza is a big step up from what he has been fighting. It is sink or swim for sure. I think Kambosos is talented but it is hard to pick him in this fight as he has never fought close to this level, he will be making a big statement if he wins. If he loses in a competitive fight that wouldn't be a bad result at all. It would have been good to see him in with someone like Crolla or any top 20 guy first.

juppity and sparta like this.
  12. sparta

Feb 4, 2008
    hopefully George's team don't fall into the trap thinking pedraza is shot because hes far from that, I think he outgrew super feather which didn't help his cause against tank and also fought tanks fight at times which is a recipe for disaster, then jumped up in weight and went 12 with the pound for pound king.

Pedrazas great feet allowed him to be competitive in that fight along with his superior dimensions, height reach, experience etc. George will def rise to the Occasion if this fight happens that's for sure, if he loses in a competitive fight his stock rises and its a great learning experience, I see a 116 -112 type decision to pedraza but I hope George proves me wrong. Props to George for being willing to lose his 0, respect.

PIRA, juppity and MidniteProwler like this.
  13. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    I don’t know why he was chief sparring partner for Pac, too small and really not that skilled. Will be a decent contender by I don’t see anything special.

I think Tim Tyszu is a much better prospect from Australia.

14. sparta

Feb 4, 2008
    He is a good partner for PAC, height wise 5.9 n a half which is about your average welter, good hand speed to keep PAC sharp speed wise, young & hungry. Great attributes to keep PAC sharp and keep aging at bay.

15. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Bob Arum is considering matching Lomachenko with Ferocious in Aust ahead of a
    unification bout of Commey vs Lopez to keep busy. Arum '' He is seriously considering
    Pacquiao former sparring partner Kambosos Jr IBF no 3 for Loma next fight. We 'll looking
    around for the best weight. There an Aust kid Kambosos who's very, very, good.''
    Arum wants Loma to be a global fighter like Loma idol Ali.