Get sick more often?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by reznick, Jan 26, 2017.

1. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Is it true that fighters get colds and stuff more often than usual?
    I was watching a Joe Rogan video and they were talking about it.

I rarely get sick but since I started training I've been getting sick like once every 6 weeks, and I can't tell if its from boxing.
    Is this happening to anyone else?

2. Unbirth

Unbirth New Member Full Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Hey, its not really just figthers, its anyone who does an intense sport and doesnt take care of themselfs, like for exemple, with good nutrition. Reason is ur immunity system takes a beating everytime you train hard, and it gets alot more easy for you to get sick.

reznick and viru§™ like this.
  3. baconmaker

baconmaker Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Have proper diet, get enough sleep, eat your vitamins.

reznick likes this.
  4. Sean021027

Sean021027 New Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2016
    I find that with regular exercise, lots of water, and decent food, I stay healthier and fitter than ever before. I think getting enough sleep as well is very much underrated as contributing towards a full recovery from intensive training sessions.

5. Speechless

Speechless Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Well, you're in an enclosed environment swapping sweat with multiple people so being sick more often is kind of a given, don't you think?

aaalbert likes this.
  6. xosttel

xosttel New Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2016
    "Joe Rogan figures out the more people you are in close contact with the more germs get passed around"
    Wow mannn profound, my 1st grader is just like a fighter. pass the bong.

7. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    He may be talking about germs being passed around more easily ...with fighters in close quarters and such? Working out improves immune systewm and a normal intake of protein and such to replenish muscles..etc...will make it harder to get sick. the body will adapt to certain starins and germs so hes probably wrong here ,unless it is someone who doesnt have the right nutrition .

reznick likes this.
  8. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I found the clip I was talking about:

This content is protected

It's actually a really good discussion on over training versus training smart.