GGG/Canelo III rumored for Spring 2020

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rikicortz, Sep 27, 2019.

1. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    It's true though. Why didn't he pick Gvozdyk, Bivol..hell even Beterbiev? You know darn well why! He wouldn't even dare go into the ring with them, so that's why he's picking the old, broken Kovalev. Beterbiev would KO him into next week, and Gvozdyk and Bivol would take him to school, college and university!

He thinks he can take advantage of Kovalev, he thinks he's done. And he'd be right. But...all the physical advantages are HEAVILY on Kovalev's side, and for that reason Canelo has bitten off way more than he can chew. 175 is one division too many.

BCS8, UniversalPart and elbonzoseco like this.
  2. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Meaningless speculation until GGG and canelo both win their next fights.

I give GGG a 70-80% chance of beating dchenko
    And Canelo a 50-60% chance of beating kovalev.

Meaning that there is only a 35-50% chance of both winning and that fight being in discussion.

Cannot imagine either one wanting to fight the other straight off a loss.

3. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    No it’s not and I wouldn’t even bother going through a mental turd’s reasons why it’s not either. The fact that you’re suggesting he’s moving up two weight divisions to fight a murderous puncher twice his size for the Light Heavyweight title because he’s “scared” of the Middleweight division proves you to being severely mental. I bet you think Golovkin’s next fight against someone with 14 professional fights and 1 loss is more impressive than moving up two weight divisions to fight Kovalev too. :lol:

Kindly go watch Golovkin’s highlights on YouTube and be mesmerized by how he’s knocking out one hopeless carefully selected bum after another. You guys are mentally on another planet.

4. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    It may end up GGG vs Kov for all we know

5. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Yup, unless Kovalev has agreed to the fix I hope he sparks Clenelo out into next week

6. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    That's not the only reason of course.
    Kovalev is the biggest name and probably the "easiest" fight of the 175 beltholders.
    But there's also the thing that DAZN wanted either a Kovalev fight OR Golovkin III... Beterbiev and Gvozdyk are fighting eachother and Bivol doesn't really ring bells with the casuals (while he probably is the hardest to beat (rob) for Canelo).
    Now we know Golovkin haunts Canelo's dreams as much as Adelaide Byrd hunts Golovkin's, so Kovalev was the obvious choice.
    I hope this ends with Canelo drooling on the canvas and Bob Bennett desperately trying to get a disqualification for no reason.

C.J. likes this.
  7. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    LISTEN BLOODCLAT, You said that "I" had actually said "ggg is shot since the first fight"
    I know that I have not ,so man up girlie & either show me that I have amnesia or ****ing admit you wrong or plain lying!
    Don't try the tactic of "All you guys"- No! In the original post you said that I had(as in YOU & the rest of the GGG cheerleaders, ...show me where or **** off

8. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    If Canelo can get past Krusher why would he drain himself back down to give GGG another fight other than money?

I think Big Red has moved on 4 real

9. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Do you think our ol’ Rusty is going to stay at 175?

10. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    So then you admit ggg was still prime when he faced Canelo right?

dinovelvet likes this.
  11. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I find it amazing that people are calling Kovalev a cherry pick at 175. Canelo is a Middleweight. Kovalev is a big puncher who most people think beat Ward. Sure he's a couple of years older but he still had enough to avenge his only other loss earlier this year. When you move up 2 weight divisions and give away the kind of weight Canelo is and fight a guy who not too long ago was a very feared big puncher at 175 I don't know how you can call it a cherry pick.

12. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    I do wonder whether Kovalev has still got it and whether it's too soon after the Yarde fight, but in my opinion Kovalev isn't the sort of guy to agree to a fix.

13. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    As it happens I agree with you, a cherry pick is not someone like Kovalev who was elite, is still heavy-handed ,and is coming of two wins.

But it's the same sort of logic that people used to call GGG asking for the Froch fight at 168 a cherry pick because it wasn't the best guy at the weight (Andre Ward). Similarly, although Kovalev is the most accomplished at 175, he wouldn't be favoured against the other younger champions any more.

shadow111 likes this.
  14. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Golovkin will come into the ring with a walking Frame.!!!

15. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Who was better than the guys that he fought, when he fought them? He fought the best there was, when it was there.