GGG vs James Toney at 160.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by JohnThomas1, Sep 19, 2020.

Who wins?

1. Toney by decision.

2. Toney by stoppage.

3. Ladies and gentieman we have a draw!!!

4. GGG by decision.

5. GGG by stoppage.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    1 ) You were talking about wear and tear, I showed you how much GGG has. If you are not talking about wear and tear, or activity, so be it. My point that GGG fought more often and on sort notice plenty of times. How can you dismiss this and say but but Toney. If you want to be honest many of the opponents in GGG's semi finals or finals were better than the first 20 or so bottom feeders on Toney's resume. They had different career paths, your trying to excuses performances. How obvious. I could say Toney was sharp and in shape thanks to his sometimes busier schedule and his opponents were not as ready.

2 ) NO GGG has not been tested. He has not been as swollen up or badly cut or floored as Toney has. He simply better, hits too hard, and boxes too well to be tested. Unlike Toney he has NEVER been out worked either. I talk about Toney in his prime, being tested vs regular top ten opponents, or vs McCallum who was 35 year old.

3 ) I think GGG KO's Nunn and beats a 35 year old McCallum ( McCallum says he was past his prime, looking at McCallum in his 20's he's 100% correct ). If GGG was in his prime he beats hi. While Nunn is probably better than anyone GGG has fought he exposed Toney and had a big lead. Why no re-match here? Late round come from behind Ko's are rare. This is a victory with an exposure.

4 ) What excuses have you made for the Tiberi fight?:nonono Come one. Let me ask you this, do you think GGG would lose to Tiberi with 7 weeks rest or not? I could say Tiberi wasn't focused and took the fight on short notice too. Hopefully this address the point your trying to make about BJS. Losses happen.

The dehydration is a BS excuse. He had plenty of water before and during the fight if he needed it. Mangers say things like that to avoid embarrassing performances.

Looking at Nunn, Jones and A 35 year old McCallum ( The three best middles -super middles Toney fought ) , Toney is officially 1-1-1 here. And he needed a come from behind KO for his lone win. Point being he's not out boxing the best. Toney was not close with Jones.

No my turn.

1 ) Why was Toney so close with Reggie Johnson? He won via Split decision and was floored. Its on my to do's to score this one myself

2 ) Why was he so close with Sosa? Once again he won via Split decision.

3 ) A draw with a 24-11 Sanderline Willians ( Who! ) This could be a case of the judges calling draw for a guy on the way up over a no name opponent, I would have to see this one, have you? Its UGLY.

• Williams entered having lost three consecutive bouts on points and with a record of 2-7 in his previous nine.
    Bout Summary Toney v Williams.

Williams outworked Toney and maintained distance in the opening round and used his reach advantage to land the jab. In Round 4, he came forward and looked to pressure Toney. Williams threw primarily to the body when in close. Toney found some success in the round and used his hand speed to land several clean punches, highlighted by an uppercut. By the end of Round 4, Williams had developed slight swelling underneath his right eye. Williams kept Toney uncomfortable in the middle rounds by keeping the pressure on him and outworking him. Toney likely landed the cleaner shots, but in between those, Williams kept his hands moving. Toney threw very little when the two were in close and required space to get his punches off. He spent much of the fight backpedaling.

4 ) And as we both agree should have lost to Tiberi.

This is the question I'm asking you as all of these fights happened when Toney was under 30. If GGG was under 30, his record vs these four opponents would be 4-0, 4Ko's. Yet Toney struggled here. Why? I say he's not as good a his fans say, that's why.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    BCS8 likes this.
  2. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Toney fought and beat Nunn and Johnon in a 7 weeks span!!! FACT is GGG never beat anybody as good as these 2.

-Point 2): FACT is GGG never fought anybody in his prime
    - Point 3) is opinion :lol::lol::lol:.FACT is GGG never beat anybody as good as Nunn
    -Point 4):Idem and as you are a stats man, Toney won against Tiberi.

Loudon likes this.
  3. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Wow.

What the actual F??

With every post you make, you somehow manage to embarrass yourself even further.

You have written out all of the above nonsense but WITHOUT ANSWERING the questions that I’ve asked.

Now I have answered every single one of your posts honestly.

You asked me if GG had ever struggled in his prime.

I said: No

Now this is your last chance.

Either answer my questions as they have been set out, and NOT your twisted version of them, or I won’t debate with you any longer.

If you answer my questions honestly, I will gladly answer any questions that you have. I would literally answer a bunch of your questions. You could even hit me with 20 of them and I’d reply. But I’m not going to answer yours unless you answer mine. So it’s up to you.

1. In his professional career, has GG had the hectic schedule that Toney had?

(don’t twist things and try and fob me off, give me an honest answer)

2. Was GG tested in the way that Toney was?

(not tested, as in - given a tough fight. Tested, as in - did he encounter the different styles and quality of opponents that Toney did?

3. In his prime, (up to the Wade fight) did GG fight anyone as good as Mike McCallum or Michael Nunn?

(a yes or no will suffice)

4. Even though fights against McCallum and Nunn were really tough for him, why won’t you give Toney credit for the wins?

5. Why don’t you believe that Toney was unfocused against Tiberi, when you have said that BJS was unfocused against Akavov?

(Tiberi wasn’t unfocused, as per the links I posted)

Answer the questions honestly, WITHOUT twisting them to suit your agenda, and I will answer the questions that you have set me.

If you don’t, then don’t even bother replying.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Bokaj and dinovelvet like this.
  4. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    He can’t answer the questions.

THE BLADE 2 and dinovelvet like this.
  5. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    @ Loudon,

I have answered your questions more than once. Can you answer mine now. It won't require much thinking. Let me know if you are ready and for a bonus Blade and others can reply as well.

Deal?

6. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Look man, I enjoy answering questions.

Honestly, I love it.

I would literally answer 20 of your questions. But what’s the point if you won’t answer mine?

You keep saying you have answered them, yet I have proven to you that you haven’t.

Answering your twisted versions of my questions does not constitute as an answer.

I asked you if GG had ever fought guys as good as Nunn and McCallum in his prime.

It’s a simple question with a simple yes or no answer.

Yet you can only say that Canelo was better than McCallum which has nothing to do with the question that I asked.

So this is your last chance now and I mean it.

Answer the question honestly, and then post me your questions.

In his prime, did GG fight anybody as good as Nunn or McCallum?

Yes or no?

This is now the NINTH time that I have asked you.

Answer me, and then you can hit me with your questions.

Don’t, then we’re finished.

The choice is yours.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  7. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    He seems to have vanished again as is his habit when he can not answer tough questions

Loudon likes this.
  8. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Oh I have answered them more than once. You just don't like the answers. My questions will be short yes and no types without what if excuses and such.

Your question. In his prime, did GG fight anybody as good as Nunn or McCallum?

Yes or no?

Not as good as Nunn is my answer. I said this before. But Nunn was badly out classing Toney up 6-7 rounds before Toney got in his head and he fought foolishly. If Toney's power was enough to catch up to him later GGG could do the same. There was no re-match, I would have taken Nunn if there was one. Nunn exposed Toney lack of defense vs the jab among other things.

McCallum lost to the best five men he fought and at age 35 wasn't the force you might think he was when he fought Toney. At his age, he wasn't proven better than prime versions of Canelo, or Jacobs, who GGG fought outside of his prime . Who did McCallum beat better after Toney I? McCallum himself said he was pas this prime.

There you go!

On Toney vs McCallum 1, A prime James Toney was out landed by a big margin after 11 rounds scored. On my card McCallum edged it by a point and I gave the closest round to Toney. A full score card and video was posted. IMO, if McCallum was in his prime, he wins on the judges cards over Toney One judge IMO was shady with his score for Toney.

Now, can you answer my question or not?

@ Blade, I can be a busy man, and enjoy my weekends. If you like to answer my questions too, I default them to you if Loudon continues to back away from the offer.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  9. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    You need to see a psychiatrist.

I’m deadly serious.

It’s not that I don’t like the answers.

It’s that your answers have nothing to do with the questions that I asked.

You asked me the following question:

“Did GG ever struggle against any opponent in his prime?”

My answer was:

“No. He did not.”

I have now asked you the following question NINE times:

“In his prime, did GG fight anyone as good as Nunn or McCallum?”

NINE times I have asked you that simple question which only requires you to type either:

Yes or no.

Yet the only answer I’ve had, is:

“Canelo was better than McCallum”

You have behaved like a small child.

You should literally be ashamed and embarrassed of your actions.

You have repeatedly ducked a simple question, before having the audacity to claim to others that I have ducked your questions.

I’m awaiting your questions.

I’m ready.

Just answer mine with a yes or a no and then you can post me them.

Man_Machine and dinovelvet like this.
  10. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Loudon, post: 20687027, member: 88332"]You need to see a psychiatrist.

I’m deadly serious.

It’s not that I don’t like the answers.

It’s that your answers have nothing to do with the questions that I asked.

You asked me the following question:

“Did GG ever struggle against any opponent in his prime?”

My answer was:

“No. He did not.”

I have now asked you the following question NINE times:

“In his prime, did GG fight anyone as good as Nunn or McCallum?”

NINE times I have asked you that simple question which only requires you to type either:

Yes or no.

Yet the only answer I’ve had, is:

“Canelo was better than McCallum”

You have behaved like a small child.

You should literally be ashamed and embarrassed of your actions.

You have repeatedly ducked a simple question, before having the audacity to claim to others that I have ducked your questions.

I’m awaiting your questions.

I’m ready.

Just answer mine with a yes or a no and then you can post me them.[/QUOTE]

This content is protected

11. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Happy now? Ready?

I will post my questions tomorrow AM for you to answer. Just be honest, and I'm not going to leave much wiggle room for the what if's or excuses that you used for James Toney which was rather shameful and fanboyish. They will mostly be yes and no. Thank you.

12. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    Mendoza,

You are something else.

You have FINALLY admitted that GG didn’t fight anyone as good as Nunn in his prime.

Hallelujah.

I’m just waiting on McCallum now, seeing as you’ve still ducked the question.

At his age, he wasn’t as proven as Canelo or Jacobs?

Haha!

He’d beaten Collins, Watson and Kalambay, before pushing Toney and then winning a belt up at LHW.

What did Jacobs do in comparison?

Enlighten me.

You’re a joker.

Even at 35, Mike McCallum was a BETTER fighter than anybody who GG fought up to Wade.

Everybody up to Wade was GG’s prime according to YOU.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  13. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    You have answered on Nunn.

Thank you.

Now give me an answer regarding McCallum, and then I’ll gladly answer them.

“In his PRIME, (up to the Dominic Wade fight) did GG fight anybody as good as Mike McCallum?

I don’t want to hear about Canelo or Jacobs, as he didn’t fight them during his prime.

If the answer to the question is yes, then kindly tell me who they were.

Thanks.

14. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    No I said that multiple times about Nunn, your just catching on now without an apology, Nice.

Once again for those with reading issues, I think McCallum at age 35 was not as good as the versions of Canelo in his prime or Jacobs in his prime that we both agree Golovkin beat outside of his prime. Re-read this 2x. Why is this so hard for you to understand?! Toney officially drew and was outlanded by a guy past his prime, who didn't beat anyone as good as Canelo or Jacobs afterward. As stated McCallum lost to the best 5 he fought. Got it now?

GEEZ.

What a peace of work you are. Be ready for my questions tomorrow, okay?

15. Loudon

Mar 7, 2012
    You are the one who has issues with reading.

WTF does you thinking that Canelo and Jacobs were better than Mike have to do with my question???

NOTHING.

I don’t care how many times Mike lost.

In his prime, did GG fight anybody as good as Mike McCallum?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Just answer the question.

Up to the Dominic Wade fight, (GG's prime) did GG fight anyone as good as Mike McCallum?

Be a man and answer.

It's okay if you say no.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020