Give Bellew credit

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    For months on here, all it's been is this is a mismatch, Bellew's crap, Haye could beat him at 50, 60 or 70%, it's when Haye wants to finish him etc etc etc

He's took so much stick, so much disrespect, totally written off. I'm over the moon for him. And you know what, he's a very good fighter. Not bulging with muscles or flashy, but technically he's quality.

Haye was a great fighter, but 5 years out the game you lose that yard of pace to use a footy term. Several times he swung and missed. To his credit, he carried on and never gave up. Beckoning Bellew onto him when he's just been rattled everywhere against the ropes, that showed some heart and he deserves respect for that. He knew he was shot but he kept going.

rski, Legend X, zulander and 4 others like this.
  2. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Don't worry about people on here. 90% of them never been in the ring or trained.

Massive reason Haye fought 2 bums in his comeback.

Well down the bomber. Like I said Hayes cash out fight.

Twentyman likes this.
  3. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    You are a breath of fresh air to these boards mate.

Never met you but you read from the same book i do.

Keep up the good work and take credit for backing Tony from the get go, even whenn the so called experts ridiculed you.

Twentyman likes this.
  4. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Ah thanks bud, means a lot that, cheers :)

5. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Agree. Twenty man is quality. Easily one of the best posters on here. Deserve the plaudits mate. Pretty sure you called it right.

Twentyman likes this.
  6. Hankey89

Hankey89 Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    It was a sad fight to watch... I don't think it was inactivity which cost Haye, I just think injuries and age have robbed him of his speed and power which made him so devastating in his prime.

Nobody really knew what Haye had left because like you say, he basically hasn't fought in 5 years... his body is done at the elite level.

Him and Bellew will have a rematch because they will both get decent pay days off it... its a shame because the Haye who knocked Chisora out would have given AJ a good fight.

But credit to Bellow because he took the gamble, like he said, a prime Haye could have really hurt him.

7. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Bellew did better than I thought early on but c'mon he has no future as a hw. Haye was incapacitated, you can't really take too much from this.

8. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Have to admit, I felt really sorry for Haye when he was swinging and missing and almost falling over. Staggering over to his corner. Don't get me wrong, he was full of heart tonight and never gave up especially with the injury but he needs to retire now. He was amazing back in the day and that's how his career should be remembered. Unbelievable speed, power and footwork.

He'd finish with a loss but at least he'd have finished on a great fight showing loads of heart.

9. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Bellew was a lot better than anyone expected.

Haye gave it everything he had, he won a lot of fans tonight.

He would have beaten Bellew in his prime at Cruiser no question, he was just always missing something at HW I feel.

10. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    He's said it himself that he's not big enough to fight the big heavyweights although Hearn will probably try and talk him into it. He's proved his point now and should move back down now and try and unify the belts.

11. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Hearn will be thinking Bellew Joshua could be on. I hope not.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  12. jarama

jarama Active Member Full Member

May 13, 2014
    I like u twentyman said Bomber will win

Twentyman likes this.
  13. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Injury aside Haye would have won. But the records don't lie so Bellew does deserve the win

14. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    There was no injury until Haye realised he was getting beat.Give it up ffs, and admit you got it wrong.

15. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Nah Bellew would have won anyway. He was slipping and countering from the first. This guy can box. Never rated him but I do now