Golovkin - Alvarez-2 on BT, Box Nation?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by crixus85, Aug 12, 2018.

1. crixus85

crixus85 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Just over a month to go. Surely it won't be like the Mikey Garcia and Kovalev fights, or will it?
    Sky have the Joshua fight the following week, which will be a priority for them.
    BT might be the best bet, the way things are.

2. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Its not listed on the schedule on their website

3. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I think we have to come to terms with the recent golden age of tv boxing being over. Next weekend there's a Top Rank show headed by Jennings Dimitrenko and that's not on Boxnation , even with a Top Rank deal. Sky are only going to show the Dazn shows from the US, so it looks like the HBO shows and the Showtime PBC shows aren't going to be broadcast anymore. If Boxnation are finished off soon, and it looks that way, the MTK shows aren't great and there's clearly no budget now for US shows, we are going to have to get used to a limited coverage. I imagine the recent BN additions of dibella shows, WBC tournament and IBO title fight were probably picked up for no charge.

4. morrie21

morrie21 Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    I wonder if that new entity, Eleven Sports, will realise there is a gap in the boxing broadcasting market and add it to their platform. I know they have got the UFC going forward from December but if they added boxing i'd pay their £5.99 a month.

5. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    There is a 99% chance that this fight will be PPV either on Sky, BT, Premier Sports or Eleven Sports.

Even though the first fight did not live up to its billing, the boxthing PPV mugths will fork out again.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  6. rezzer

Feb 11, 2009
    Tbh I'm not interested in overnight boxing on a streaming site like eleven, I'm not getting up a 2 am to watch anything
    . I'm happy to record it and watch it first thing in the morning. I imagine that the Golovkin fight will be on BT PPV .

Sphillips likes this.
  7. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    No, they didn't want to pick it up because of fee asked by Golden Boy.

8. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Channel 5 Box Office or ITV Box Ofice will most likely pick up this fight.

9. morrie21

morrie21 Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Oh yeah forgot Eleven was only streaming at the moment. They would need to have some TV platform so the option to record was available. I work most Sundays early and staying up till 2am and beyond to watch live usually isn't feasible.

As for GGG-Canelo 2 I know I will definitely see that one since I'll be there but hope it lands on a non-PPV entity for the folks staying at home.

10. stittyb

stittyb Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Can't see it being BTs first PPV. It's a massive fight for sure, but it'll be on at 5am and doesn't feature a British fighter, can't see it.

That said I hope someone picks it up so I can record it myself. This is different from the Kolalev and Garcia fights, this is the biggest fight of the year.

11. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I will tweet GGG and ask him to put off the fight until you wake up mate

Sphillips, sjp17 and rezzer like this.
  12. rezzer

Feb 11, 2009
    Hopefully he'll say yes !

stittyb likes this.
  13. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I think sky picking up is probably our only hope really.
    It’s quite unbelievable we’ve gone back in time to about 6 years ago before box nation
    Arrived of having to scratch around hoping that a big fight will be picked up.

We could really be in a mess going forward with BN going and sky not really being interested outside their own content through Hearn.

stittyb likes this.
  14. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He aint the man from Del Monte

15. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    If this fight ain't on boxnation then I'm pulling the plug!!