Golovkin vs Charlo?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lufcrazy, Dec 27, 2020.

If they fight in 2021

1. Golovkin wins

61 vote(s)
    66.3%
  2. Charlo wins

31 vote(s)
    33.7%
  1. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    What's his question?

2. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Only Canelo said he didn't have a problem with it, everyone else has been stopped or dropped.

Whilst Canelo looked hurt at times, he never looked on the verge of being stopped so I tend to believe him when he said the power wasn't as bad as he'd been led to believe.

3. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Is the converse true? Does Golovkin receive an ounce of credit from you if he beats the **** out of Charlo?

Pimp C likes this.
  4. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    You saw the fight the way you wanted and I did the same. Charlo 1, Korobov 0. It is written in history that way. Deal with it!

Pimp C likes this.
  5. Pimp C

Pimp C Free The Guys! F 12 & Goofies Stay Dangerous! Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    That's the difference between me and the trolls here. I give fighters credit when they prove me wrong whether I care for them or not. I have made plenty of eat crow threads during my time here when I got fights wrong and have given fighters their due. If GGG beats Charlo I will give him his due and move on.

lufcrazy and Braindamage like this.
  6. Pimp C

Pimp C Free The Guys! F 12 & Goofies Stay Dangerous! Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    From you yes, you're not a troll and are a good respectable poster. From CJ? No! He will come up with excuses cry about cards and commissions and never give a fighter he doesn't like a ounce of credit when they beat a fighter he likes.

lufcrazy and Braindamage like this.
  7. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    GGG easy win and brutal KO,Charlo overrated.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I don't understand the logic. So, because people think G would beat Charlo, who is a belt holder in the same division, the fight should not happen? Personally, I feel if G beat Charlo early next year, it puts a tremendous amount of pressure on Canelo to step up and take the 3rd fight. If G beats Canelo, he can end his career beating 2 top fighters in their prime. That's how G should end it.

Pimp C likes this.
  9. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Yeah the poll shows Charlo is vastly overrated :grazy:

In facts its only GGG whose being overrated with posts like those.. If GG thought that he'd take the fight , but he'd rather fight bummy Mungia instead who will just stand there and take everything GG throws at him.

GGG just requested that mandatory so he could get it out of the way.. Now we know he just wanted an easy touch because the idea of getting a mando out of the way is to make-way for a bigger and better fight.

GGG never had any plans to try make a fight with the top names of the division. . He had Mungia in mind all along.

10. DramaShow

DramaShow Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    What's with all this hype about Charlo? Swear he lost to Korobov? Now he beat a destroyed and faded Derevyachenko (GGG's leftovers) he is the next beg thing?

PBC can't give Charlo any big fights at 160. He is better of joining Matchroom and Dazn.

11. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    He won the fight & I gave him credit for that. In no way was it an earth shattering victory like you claim. All 3 were close fights Derevyanchenko Is a tough fighter

12. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Mungai is a good fight tbf, he's no bum.

I'm surprised you're posting this, you're usually a massive fan of Eastern European boxers.

13. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    How is Derevyanchenko considered to be Golovkins leftovers?

What sort of nonsense is that?

14. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Yeah sure !! Why didnt he rematch him then?? Matt Korobov embarrassed Charlo. He hadnt fought for over a year only trained for an undercard 8 rounder. Took on a supposed champion in a 12 rounder & boxed his ears off. Even when he totally ran out of gas Charlo couldnt finish him.. Korobov won that fight & you know it. You make me laugh when you brag your heroes can beat these guys but they never rematch them do they !!!! Why ?????? Theyre not the fighters you claim they are. Support FIGHTERS!! & not Divas & you'd maybe a bit more believable !!

15. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    No he'd still claim Charlo won :risas3: