Haye never lost

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Mar 4, 2017.

1. james4210

james4210 Active Member Full Member

Jan 12, 2009
    David Haye lost nothing apart from the fight. It amazes me that people are talking about him like he is some sort of geriatric or some grizzled campaigner of countless wars. Heavyweight boxers also mature later and keep on going on longer. In this modern age, you can't pull out of fights, you have to just do your best. I consider it to be a totally legitimate win by Tony, but let's have a rematch, David isn't done. By the way the idea that he deliberately created rumours of an injury is insane, who does that before a fight.

2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I got it totally wrong haye proved his level
    Its over man its over

3. Tommy.™

Tommy.™ Active Member Full Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Bellew won fair and square but we can't act like the injury never changed the fight. Haye looked slow and off pace the first few rounds but I do feel like he was starting to control the fight with his jab then suddenly his leg blew out and he was a sitting duck on the ropes for the next five rounds. Bellew should've got him out there earlier but credit where is due. Both of them showed a lot of heart and Haye proved them people wrong who said he gives up easily. I totally write off Bellew and he proved me wrong. Fair play.

ryanm8655 and NickHow1982 like this.
  4. AdrianSterling

AdrianSterling Lewisham Boy banned Full Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Both were a joke and would get iced by Big Josh inside three.

5. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Neither were a joke, they both gave it everything. Dog**** post.

Mr Icaman and S.K like this.
  6. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Oh the irony in this post.

Sugar 88, CutThroatFade and S.K like this.
  7. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    Not this time baby. **BOOTED** :risas3:

CutThroatFade and S.K like this.
  8. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    The audacity of this post.

9. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Come on guys let's be honest not taking anything away from the win but haye was injured his trip to Germany and if you noticed how slow he was walking to the ring and his footwork was very erratic you could see his leg wasn't as mobile and it just gave out and the fight swinged to bellew trust me if the fight went longer and no injury I could see haye winning.
    I understand bellew fans really excited but they didn't win against a 100% fit fighter and his injury in the fight should be factored in as bellew didn't KO a sitting duck on the ropes and haye took bellew a best shots on the ropes.

10. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Haye is absolutely finished at any level. He was doing nothing even before this "injury" he suddenly had.

11. Yatezy

Yatezy Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Assuming it was amateur you boxed, you meant 152 or 69 kilos for Welter surely?

Not that it matters since you ain't here any more.

12. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    He was probably lying. This is a 55 year old bloke who challenged me to a "stand-off" about previous forum posts. I doubt he's the fighting type.

lawslaw likes this.
  13. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I have to hold my hands up and admit i got it wrong, i like most thought Haye would get him out of there whenever he liked.

All this about Haye getting injured, he did but he didn't use it as an excuse as to why he got beat, which is why he gets my respect more, plus for fighting on with it.

Bellew fought a great fight, "They both did" and the best man won.

So credit really should go to both fighters for a great fight, and congratulations to Bellew on his victory

Nice to see the respect they both had at the end also, well done fellas well done.

14. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Agreed. ****in pathetic sky team totally avoided the injury. Nelsons a disgrace

15. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    Absolutely. Not remotely neutral or objective in their reporting, much like IFL. May as well just be called the Matchroom Channel, with all their weighted bias.