Haye v Mormeck will be on TV!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by elle, Nov 8, 2007.

1. safe_pa

safe_pa Howlin' Mad Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Thank you Setanta! Saturday will be a great day for boxing fans. I can't wait!!!

2. mike464

mike464 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The lack of boxing on Sky makes me wonder how much they had to pay for the Hatton fight.

3. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

I expect it was sky high!

4. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    thank god for that...i was resigned to listening to this on the radio. this shows that setanta are much more serious about quality boxing than sky!

5. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    I think I will be seeing Haye secure a major step towards his legacy as one of the most successful english fighters of all time.

I love the way Haye approaches his fights and I love his attitude towards his own success. He will knock Mormeck out and go onto the heavyweight division. He should forget about the Macca's of this world as they are well below his overall goal of becoming the heavyweight champion of the world.:good

6. SevenSamurai

Aug 18, 2005
    Exactly Setanta really seem to care about showing us the big boxing matches.

We have Cotto-Mosely and then this. Perfect work by this channel.:D

7. stuey

stuey Never bet on England Full Member

Aug 13, 2004
    thank you sultana...

what a ****in result

8. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    if only their presentation was any good

9. SevenSamurai

Aug 18, 2005
    That is really due to them employing Bunce who is an idiot.

They should employ a serious journalist who has the balls to criticise the house fighter and does not just cheer lead the whole time.
    Bunce was an embarassment during the Calzaghe fight, and also when he was on the BBC.

10. riot187

riot187 Member Full Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Oh man! I'm grinning like the Cheshire f*cking cat now! Get in there. I really thought this fight wasn't gonna be shown and that would have been such a shame. F*ck Rupert Murdoch and his Sky cocksuckers! I'm cancelling my subscription because Santana has all the best boxing and some football and the rest of the football I can watch down th pub. Every pub has Sky or some other dodgy foreign channel with premiership football. 3-0 Liverpool, Haye KO4, and Mosley KO10 (probably cursed them all now). Perfect weekend if Man U, and Chelsea lose and Frank Warren gets caught in a compromising situation with Mrs Sir Alex Ferguson. ****! See what happens when I get drunk and excited?!

11. PrideOfWales

PrideOfWales Winston Zedmore Full Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Setanta are for real! Sky are pumping so much money into football that they're neglecting most other sports apart from Darts. Good on Setanta for being this ambitious and not just going for British fighters. Sky have ****ed up with Haye/Mormeck - I can't understand how they've missed out on this unless they blew all their boxing budget with Hatton-Mayweather.

I'm not a big fan of paying for Setanta but it seems like the only logical choice for a British boxing fan at the moment if you want to see good fights.

As for their presentation, I couldn't give a flying **** as long I see the fight without any interuption of bad reception etc. It's certainly not to the level of Sky but do you prefer Jim Rosenthal? Setanta are young and up-and-coming, they'll make mistakes, are raw but that's what makes them exciting - and I'm certainly excited about Cotto/Mosley and Haye/Mormeck on the same night following Calzaghe/Kessler.

I'm no Setanta nuthugger, I just want to see good fights.

12. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    :rofl

13. riot187

riot187 Member Full Member

Nov 1, 2007
    I think Bunce is the f*cking Man! Our own Larry Merchant even!! Hate me now!!! Sift through his obvious hyper excitable rubbish and there are some kernels of knowledge in there.

14. chesh

chesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    They should get that back, though, with the PPV (+ the 37 quid a month we already pay).

15. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    I honestly think Setanta have told Bunce to not critisise Warren fighters as the deal means alot to them and Warren can go else where. Theres no way Bunce can think Macca is ahead of Haye because he beat Wayne Braithwaite over 12 rounds, lets not forget he did not actually win a World Title and he hasnt faced a mandatory yet.

COME ON HAYE, any news on the weight???