Hearn getting Slammed on Twitter for his PPP (Pay Per Pudding)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by NasalSpray, Nov 30, 2018.

1. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Sadly, they aren't catching on. Just look at the YouTube likes that Hearn gets compared to everyone else. Look at the most 'liked' comments. Especially regarding the Wilder/Joshua situation.

The hardcores are just loud on Twitter.

Edit - they aren't catching on in big enough numbers. Some are beginning to see the bullcrap.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  2. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Where else are they goin to go if he pays them less? Warren can't pay them any more

lefthook82 likes this.
  3. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    The joke is, it is supposed to be a working class sport etc.

There cannot be a more expensive sport in Britain to follow?

Gatekeeper, impacted, Sonny1 and 5 others like this.
  4. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Over £100 to watch all the main fights this month, legitimately.

Gatekeeper, TBC-ASAP, 305th and 2 others like this.
  5. lefthook82

lefthook82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    Excellent point

dryzer likes this.
  6. lefthook82

lefthook82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    Until the numbers dont justify it he will continue to do this. Its an undeserving PPV, a pisstake really, but it will still sell more than Frampton v Warrington, even if the latter was unification/undispiuted

Accurate likes this.
  7. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Ppv is that it is, it's 2018! IMO if you buy whyte v chisora you must know one of them personal because the better value for money and if your a boxing fan is Warrington v Frampton.

Non are ppv worthy though.

stittyb likes this.
  8. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Agreed, none are ppv worthy but what if you have no attachment towards either Warrington or Frampton? I'm a boxing fan and if I was going to pay for a pay per view, I'd pay for Whyte Chisora over the other one. It just relates to me more than two light guys who I'm not fussed over and I'm sure there are many boxing fans in the same boat as me

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    Aston Villa likes this.
  9. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I would love to know what the purses were for the main events in the years when Sky didn’t run PPVs after the Haye/Wlad debacle.

The bubble will burst eventually as the sport can’t keep growing at it’s current rate forever. What annoys me more than PPV is DAZN broadcasting all these fights on their platform for £8 a month in the US at decent bell times whilst we have to shell out for Sky Sports and/or Sky Box Office with some cards taking place in the middle of the night.

10. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    I think Hearn's gone too far with this one. He had a good thing with the Danny Dyer types and now he's taken the ****. Don't get me wrong the Lacoste t-shirted sniff in the pub toilet brigade think he's their good mate still but there is only so much pant pulling anyone can do when it comes to £££ before the worm turns.

The replies to Barry Hearn's tweet about AJ and Whyte was interesting as well, all the bull**** is not getting swallowed hook line and sinker anymore.

Unforgiven, impacted, stittyb and 2 others like this.
  11. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Cheers Frank, but realistically this will do at least 10 times the buys that your event will.

12. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    If people are too thick to get DAZN with a VPN they deserve to overpay for these type of fights.

13. iestyn999

iestyn999 Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2015
    nah he always gets these types of comments but he still comes out on top. I am saying this and i am not a fan of his, he really good at cornering the casual market, with the fights he puts on. While i think his match making is really over rated, and with not many good fights, considering the number of fights he puts on

14. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    The pillow fight on the same night shouldn’t be pay per view either. Hope they both flop.

15. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Any chance of schooling me in a private msg? :asskisser