Highly controversial fights that are forgotten

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Dec 18, 2019.

1. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Absolute bull****. Eubank beat Rocciggiani fair and square. If a foreign fighter got a decision against a German fighter in Germany in the 1990s you can be damn sure the foreign fighter was a clear winner because Germany at that time was a bottomless pit of horrendous officiating.

mcvey likes this.
  2. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    To be honest I always thought De La Hoya outboxed Tito for what the first 6/7 rounds EASILY.
    Then Tito had a late surge and "won" the fight.

3. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    And I tell you Graham vs Kalambay 2 was a complete robbery. Graham won and got robbed.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  4. Plumber From Liverpool

Plumber From Liverpool Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Eubank Snr v Sherry absolutely shocking scenes after with Sherry play acting.

5. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    More nonsense.

mcvey likes this.
  6. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I'd tell you what you appear as, but I'd be banned!lol

7. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    GRIFFIS!!!!!lol

8. Roughhouse

Roughhouse Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I'm giving you guys a break from trolling here for a minute to suggest the Vincente Rondon Vs. Jimmy Dupree 175 title fight where Dupree cleaned Rondon's clock early and then slowly wound down into an exhausted mess by round five and stopped in six. Later a nurse who travelled to Caracas with Dupree detailed symptoms that she believed showed he had been drugged and was very professionally convincing. Made Ring Magazine at the time. Forgotten now.

Boxingfan2 and BCS8 like this.
  9. Cecil

Mar 22, 2015
    I could show you many links that show no hint of controversy, but one thing we all have learned on here is that you’ll never concede that you’re wrong.

10. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Dupree just punched himself out swinging for the fences and became exhausted. He was throwing haymakers the entire fight trying to score a KO and exhausted himself.

11. Cecil

Mar 22, 2015
    You have proven there are some rumours about it!?!
    So, was there outrage or was it just a rumour!??
    As for you accusing someone of bias and being a troll, well what can I say.

12. Alex Linares

Alex Linares New Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2020
    Really... There's been quiet a few and my opinion is not going to be popular with some... One that comes to my mind is the Hagler vs Leonard. Had Hagler attack Leonard the way he viciously did against Hearns, did Leonard had a chance ? He would have end up in the hospital or with brain damage. Leonard vs Benitez... Very close fight in times when a challenger really had to take the tittle from the champions, meaning judges would not give you the belt unless challengers won decisively.. Benitez barely bleeding from the forehead and I mean barely bleeding, with I think 17 seconds to end the 15th and final round, referee stops the fight... There was never a rematch.. Canelo Alvarez until time came to fight triple G, had no stamina at all.. He just couldn't fight 3 minutes in a round because he would run out of air, then he fights Golavkin and moves for all 12 rounds easily.. ( do you smell steroids ). A weight catch was implemented in boxing so two good fighters from two different weight class could meet without the bigger guy having so much size adavantage.. But NONE this would not apply for tittle fights.. Pacquiao fights old Coto after he gets kncockout by Margarito for the welterweight title and Coto had to weight in below the 147... Old DeLahoya comes back years after retirement and fighting as a middleweight to fight Pacquiao and also has to weight below the 147... Margarito moves up to the 154 ( Jr. Middleweight ) fights Pacquiao for the " vacant " Jr. Middlewight title and is forced to go down below the 154.... Who's to blame ??? $$$$$$$$

13. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Wtf?

14. Cecil

Mar 22, 2015
    The thread title says “highly controversial fights that are forgotten”
    It simply wasn’t highly controversial, a few people here and there thinking Rocchigiani should have got the verdict doesn’t make it thus.
    I repeat there was no mass outrage at the decision.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Fergy and George Crowcroft like this.
  15. Cecil

Mar 22, 2015
    Well I’ll do my best to decipher that gibberish but basically as usual you’re full of ****.
    You still insist that the dissatisfaction at the decision was merely “rumours” which proves my point.
    There was no widespread outrage in the boxing world regarding the decision.
    End of.