Honestly, whats the blueprint to beat Tyson Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxlight, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Wlad landed 24% against Haye

wlad was much more efficient against Jennings, landing 95 jabs.

He landed 10 more against Haye at 105 but much less accurate

Overall however wlads total punches landed for both Haye and Jennings was 26%.

2. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    You are comparing a punchbag with a double end bag here. Look at Wlad's jab instead. Much better timing against Haye.

3. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    Jennings was in his prime and has good movement. I don’t believe there is a massive drop off in his jab between Haye and Jennings.

wlads jab was excellent vs AJ because he was there to be jabbed

dinovelvet likes this.
  4. Eggman

Dec 2, 2015
    And wlad only landed a woeful 87 jabs on povetkin. In 12 rounds.

5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I read every word which I freely admit is something I don't do on here all the time, or to be even more honest even most of the time. But I'm also honest enough to admit that I am quite mischievous by nature and I also have a propensity for telling lies too.

Doppleganger likes this.
  6. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Ask Otto Wallin.
    He cut him, pressured him. When Fury tried to walk him down Wallin hurt him. And he is ranked 45 in the world!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    gdm and sid like this.
  7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This is Wlad in his absolute physical prime for me. His shots were so crisp, accurate, fast and powerful. If you think those left hooks are sailing over AJ's head you're on crack.

This content is protected

8. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Good point agree to a certain extent. It might still have been quite good later on.

But we know that reaction time but even more important: choice reaction time slows down with age. Ive read somewhere that RT peaks around 20 and CRT peaks at early 30's

You have to consider that.

9. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Also think Otto Wallin is much higher than 45th ranked now can see many not fighting Otto after Fury.

10. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    A lazy CompuBox comparison indicates that Wlad was only marginally less successful with the jab against Jennings than against Haye (with his output of jabs about equal). However, I grant you that CompuBox is not a qualitative gauge, the numbers are just there for curiosity and trivia. Would it not occur to you that the difference in qualitative jab success was attributable to Haye and Jennings possessing vastly different styles and abilities? Haye didn't employ a guard, nor did he spend a lot of time up on his toes moving from side to side, much more often hanging in front of Wlad in his customary wide stance with his hands low and relying on his head and upper body movement while looking for an opening for the big home run connect on which he'd predicated his chances of victory. Jennings didn't have the luxury of a perceived power threat, his approach was more technical and industrious and employed a variety of tricks to reduce Wlad's success with the jab. When he wasn't up on his toes using side to side movement, frequent level changes and blocks and parries in addition to upper body movement, he was bursting inside with well timed raids and crowding Wlad (it's hard to jab a guy in passages where his head is bored into your chest).

11. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    this wlad would KO fury in 4 .

12. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    Wallin exposed how overrated fatso is.

13. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    He was easier to get to, though, very open, which is why Steward was ever brought in, to instil the nous that Klitschko was missing (and greatly needed, due to his vulnerability). Joshua would be more inclined to hit back than that version of Ray. Be a good fight.

See above. Wlad isn't beating Fury, who is far from a 2002 Ray Mercer, merely by becoming more triggerhappy. He just overworks himself, gets picked off and gets beat up. Fury is way too cute for that version of Wlad, even moreso than he was for the veteran incarnation.

Serge likes this.
  14. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    you right nobody beats fury if 40yo wlad couldn’t do it and ATG’s like chisora and wilder could’t do it nobody will . Unless great wallin gets to rematch Fury.

15. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Fury isn't the first guy to underwhelm in what was supposed to be a gimme fight. While I don't approve of guys taking the ostensibly softer competition lightly (which Fury did, as documented by ITV), one cannot accuse Tyson of failing to rise to the big occasions.

You appear to be filled with an irrational deep-seated resentment,
    bordering on hatred. Ask yourself, who can reason with that?