Hypothetical Match Up Game

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by TheBradyHawkes, Nov 14, 2008.

1. la-califa

la-califa Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Great fight, Joe Brown too much for Carter , Brown the busier fighter captures a decision win in 15 rounds.

Sugar Ramos .vs Joel Casamayor. 15 rounds.

2. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Bump.

The two fighters trade knockdowns early, but Ramos comes on later in the fight and emerges with a hard fought, but clear UD.

Kennedy McKinney vs Mayhar Monshipour.

3. la-califa

la-califa Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Mckinney constant presure, pounds out a close decision victory. he willingly goes to war & finally overwhelms his opponent for a UD.

Meldrick Taylor .vs. Frankie Randall 12 Rds.

4. Mr Butt

Mr Butt Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 16, 2009

taylor has the speed and better boxing ability in this match-up coupled with fact that randall would not have the power to score a ko or the style to grind taylor down , and that for me gives taylor enough to take a clear ud

michael nunn vs herol graham 15 rounds at middleweight

5. anarci

anarci Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Ill Take Nunn by Ud Graham was very good but Nunn on his best day was a tier higher and for a short period a great fighter..... Nunn ud

Pacquiao vs Whittaker at 147

6. Stevie G

Stevie G Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I'd favour Pernell,by decision. As good as Pacquiao is. Alan Minter v Sumbu Kalambay.

7. Mr Butt

May 16, 2009
    i will take this is over 15 rounds ,both could be awkward for their opponents for me minter would win the jab battle and whether over 15 rounds or 12 minter would finish the stronger to take a close decision .

john h stracey vs colin jones, welterweight 15 rounds

8. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Stracey boxes well inside and out to take a close UD over Jones who I think is definitely underrated around here. I think Stracey's subtle defense and underrated body punching nip it for him.

Bob Foster vs James Toney at light heavy.

9. D.T

D.T Guest

I think Foster overpowers Toney for most of the fight and wins a SD.

Mike Tyson vs Jack Johnson?

10. El Bujia

El Bujia Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Minter outjabs Kalambay?

11. Mr Butt

May 16, 2009
    yeah i know minter did not have the worlds best jab but for me he was a durable fighter that was a determined type with a decent level of power. minters jab was a decent jab none more than that admittedly .i think half of kalambays defeats came at the hands of lefty's (no matter your thoughts about the kayule fight it is down as a loss,i myself have not seen it so cant really comment) and yes i am aware that kalambay did have his wins at world level over the likes of graham and sims,but for me the southpaw stance may help minter in this fight

12. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    El Buja and PowerPuncher are 2 i seemed to like in 2010. GPater has evolved as well, he's a great poster now, not that he wasn't before, he was just young and now he's matured.

13. Mr Butt

May 16, 2009

yes you are right they are all very good posters but i think you may have the wrong thread:lol::lol::lol:

14. teeto

teeto Obsessed with Boxing banned

Oct 15, 2007
    :patsch:patsch:patsch:patsch:patsch

Thanks, i'm going to add you as one of my picks seen as though you just spared me a shellacking:lol::good

15. TheBradyHawkes

TheBradyHawkes ۞ Full Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Tyson by mid round KO.

Monzon vs Ray Leonard @ MW