I can't name one!!!!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by smithshaun, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    It depends on your definition of elite. I'd say 'best in class' is a reasonable standard and that would place Fury, Taylor and I would say Joshua in that category as there's a legitimate debate between him and Fury for the number one spot at HW.

Three isn't bad, it's certainly been worse!

Jurgen and Twentyman like this.
  2. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Fair comment with Martin and Stiverne but Fielding wasn't the full World Champion with his belt, it was one of those Regular types off memory which I don't count.

IBO doesn't count either.

You'll sometimes get a small % sneaking through the quality control, it happens everywhere in life but don't let this diminish the rest.

Finally, again I agree with you that there are too many belts.

Ideally there would be just the one belt but having two is okay as you then get unifications. Starts getting silly after this. Don't get me started on Franchise, Diamond, Silver, Interim, Regular, etc belts.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    EJC83 and Jurgen like this.
  3. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    As if. Gets battered around the ring by a short morbidly obese man, to then run away from him in a boring rematch which saw the short morbidly obese man even fatter, and then an easy victory against an old, short pudding Pulev who came with heehaw except an attempted straight right hand that would continuously miss. Where's the improvement?

Don't be duped by the incessant Sky propaganda - this is their latest Joshua schtick.

Jurgen likes this.
  4. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    And fury went life and death with otto ****ing wallin last year but hes unstoppable apparently.

Its becoming very tedious now for me. Im hoping for a double KO if they meet.

5. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Warrington is class imo. To beat Selby, Frampton and Galahad!!! Three top fighters on the bounce. He’s one of our best, actions speak louder than words.

Twentyman and im sparticus like this.
  6. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    He`s certainly better P4P than AJ and has a better resume too.

7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    If you're talking about elite fighters, you're talking about a small group globally so to even have 1 British fighter in that conversation is an achievement imo.

I would have Crawford, Spence, Loma, Canelo, Lopez, Usyk, Inoue, Davis, GGG, Estrada, Pac and Mikey Garcia all in that elite bracket globally. Some of them have lost because they went too far up in weight but ultimately they all have that extra gear that sets them apart from world class...so you're realistically only talking about 10-15 elite fighters.

Fury, Joshua, Warrington and Taylor are the closest we have to that bracket. It's just a couple more defining wins from each of them to prove that they have that extra gear. In some people's eyes they are already there, it's subjective.

Holler, Jurgen, kojak and 1 other person like this.
  8. Creedy

Creedy New Member banned Full Member

Dec 29, 2020
    Fury, Taylor and Joshua are certainly elite. (at least 2 of them top 10 P4P)
    Uk is certainly better than 97% of countries at boxing in the world
    and you are certainly a troll :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  9. Creedy

Creedy New Member banned Full Member

Dec 29, 2020
    I'm guessing Geography isn't your strong point.

Please tell me which countries from South America we are 'millions of miles behind'

all the South American countries
    Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.

I'll wait :D

mark ant likes this.
  10. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    2 of them are not rated by the ring mag P4P top 10.

11. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Very impressed with Warrington against Selby and Frampton but I felt both opponents on the slide.

Great little fighter and hope the unification fights are made.