I keep saying it but the UK HW scene is so tough and talented

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bailey, Feb 6, 2017.

1. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    idk, fury ducked price, thompson, ustinov, pulev, and a few more.

2. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I agree Holyfield has by far the greater legacy and would agree but I dont think Holyfield would have gone as far in this era. Might have done but dont think so personally, though still think of him as a great fighter
    I wonder if the wall had not have been there if alot of the fighters we think of would have been as well known?

toxedo911 likes this.
  3. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Well his resume speaks for itself... Chisora X2, Cunningham, Hammer, Klitschko. Far better than Wilders...

4. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    So if Joshua loses to Wlad, I guess you'll say he was moved too fast huh? Price was moved too fast huh? He fought Thompson after Thompson was kod by Wlad. The choice to fight Thompson was calculated. Price I think had kod all of his stationary targets before the Thompson fight. Price was 42...42 correct me if I'm wrong, it Price was facing a 42 year old man in his 16th pro fight. Foh. Price has a weak chin.

5. toxedo911

toxedo911 Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Tyson fury, the man who dethroned klitscho, haye who had the wba strap before losing to klitscho, hughie fury who's about to fight for a strap, 4 fighters plus a couple of strong gate keepers like chisora and whyte. ? What nation has this many contenders and gate keepers? As well as champs ?

bailey likes this.
  6. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Fury is not much factor now, Haye is top fighter ( his skills show this ) as is Joshua. Wlad klitchko is surley a top 3,he would be over Haye.

toxedo911 likes this.
  7. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    I only care about who is the lineal hvw champion. All others contrnders. Chisora and Whyte? Hughie Fury? Wtf lmao

8. toxedo911

toxedo911 Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Guys sometimes in the sport of boxing it ain't about who being rushed,and who is not, some days it ain't ya night, and sometimes, if not most the time, the guy fighting you is actually better than you , no excuses or justification, some people have ya number and dial it all the time, 999, get the ambulance kind of beating

9. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    I agree Price fighting Thompson was calculated. I agree completely and didnt pay off for him.
    All the same it was too much too soon for Price at that time and as explained look at who Wilder was facing at fight 16 as an example about being moved at different paces.

We dont know yet with Joshua if his next fight will make or break him. We do know that for his 18th fight it is a big gamble. As said UK HWs tend to get moved faster. Wilders 18th fight was against a former CW who was 4-8 in his last 12 fights coming off 2 KO losses. Price may have benefited from more building fights. We wont know

10. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Fury, Haye

toxedo911 likes this.
  11. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    take away wlad and it is pretty comparable. chisora lost every time he stepped up. cunningham was no longer a factor at cw when he moved up. then he gave fury a boxing lesson, until fury laying on him wore him down, hammer is no better than duhuapas.

12. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Thats right. Sometimes it is too soon for some and not others

13. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Excellent post.
    Its very debatable as to whether Wilder has beaten anyone as good as they fighters you have mentioned at the time he beat them. I do like Wilder but Im not sure Duhaupas would be in the top 5 in the UK alone.

toxedo911 likes this.
  14. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I'd still give Fury a close but clear advantage even without Klitschko. Not that it means anything resume wise, but he was set to face Haye... Despite all of the shenanigans Fury has actually pursued big fights from the moment he reached the world stage. Over 2 years since Wilder won his belt and he hasn't faced a single top 10 HW.

15. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Why lmao? So if you only care about the lineal champ why are you interested in Wilder?
    I think Wilder is a real good HW but I would be interested in seeing him facing one of the bigger names

toxedo911 likes this.