I sense an upset this weekend...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by channy, Oct 25, 2017.

1. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    The weight does give a bit of cause for concern. Yesterday with his training gear on I thought he looked slimmer around the waist so they were trying to make him a bit leaner. But to find out he's heavier is a bit strange.. Has he taken his eye of the ball or do they want the extra weight for when Takem gets side.

Curious - could be mean f all tho lol

2. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Not even that. It's that they are HAPPY to lie down and take their money. They know deep down that they cannot win so just do a couple of rounds, fall over and take their pay cheque. See Molina, Martin etc.

One who gave it a good go was Breazeale, he put up a good fight. The rest do not deserve a pay cheque.

This is the problem with a huge money machine like AJ, people only want to fight him for the money and not to actually win the fight.

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Let's face it, AJ needs to win this fight in big style.
    Takam is a good heavyweight but he was stopped by Povetkin and lost to Parker too.
    Already AJ is considered to be a far more destructive force than any Povetkin and anything Parker has ever shown so far.
    AJ moved up to big league in his last fight with a win over a still dangerous Klitschko.
    With Tyson Fury out of the game no one has the credentials AJ gained with that win.
    AJ may not be a great fighter, may never be, but at the moment he's virtually alone at the top and he's absolutely peaking in his prime.
    If he struggles with Takam his reputation will take a hit for sure.
    I expect him to get the job done in style.

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I think Whyte should get past Helenius easily enough too.
    Helenius was a promising boxer once upon a time but hasn't done much with his career in recent years and is no spring chicken.

5. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Things have been put into perspective a bit in terms of Whyte and Joshua versus Takam etc.

Maybe Parker gets a little more credit now? I've been long saying that Takam would give the other top guys much more of a test than people are giving him credit for, and Whyte would possibly be more outmatched against Parker than people think...

Sir Will Wigan likes this.