If a rematch between Froch-Ward ever happend Froch would win, here is why:

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Super Hans, Aug 31, 2014.

1. alexthegreatmc

alexthegreatmc Sound logic and reason. You're welcome! Full Member

Sep 10, 2013
    And Froch is the one that doesn't want the rematch. He'd lose even worse than the first fight. Groves was beating him in both matches, if not making it even.

2. Moanamchara

Moanamchara Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 11, 2010

There are no off the wall assertions to be made when you make a statement like this. The fighters I named are greater than the fighters they have losses to. Just because they have a loss to said fighter doesn't make said fighter greater than what the other fighter has accomplished as a whole. Boxing is about accomplishments and Froch has more than Ward has seen by his resume.

Once again an opponent does not need to be successful against all of his opponents in order to be considered greater even though Froch has only lost to 2 of his opponents he has fought the harder opposition of course he might have a loss here and there he is not the one fighting easier competition from the comfort of his home.

Froch has also fought fighters with a varying array of styles on the world class stage Ward has not. Ward has also avoided fighters with styles he may be susceptible to by saying they haven't earned their shot while fighting lesser fighters. Ward also refuses to be drug tested . These factors for Ward do not make him a greater fighter than one who fights every top contender in the division avoiding no one and beating better competition than Ward. You cannot make it all about technique because styles make fights and every style doesn't work on every opponent. Wards style is all wrong for Froch but Froch is still the greater fighter.

What is worse you discount Calzaghes win over Hopkins but not Wards over Kessler. At least Calzaghes win was legit and he beat the fighter trying to foul. Kessler was headbutted over 25 times tearing up his face. Ward does not have the power to do that with his fists. Ward should of been DQ. That fight was a travesty.

And then you say...
    The answers are evident. Visit a gym. Get away from your computer. Discover athletics.

Do you personally know me? No, so there is no need for slight jabs to feed your superiority complex. I assure you I am in great shape exceedingly above American standards.I am indeed American also.

3. CupidStunt

CupidStunt Guest

Forget this rematch. Froch is tailor made for Wards horrible style.

Ward has only beaten guys tailor made for him plus the corpse of Chad Dawson, DeGale would expose him badly and have people wondering what all the fuss was about in the first place...

4. madpuppy

madpuppy Well-Known Member Full Member

May 15, 2011
    We have a big time troll here! Whilst Degale has some skills, when you put the package together he is a fringe top 10 type of a guy - a pretty average fighter. Find a better fighter to troll with at least!

5. CupidStunt

CupidStunt Guest

Who has Ward ever faced with the slickness, skill and strength of DeGale...noone. He has feasted on face first euro brawlers, look at the one time he got put in with a decent skilled counterpuncher he nearly had his lights put out. Groves would also shatter Oakland glass real bad :deal

6. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    SOG knocks him out this time around, I'm sure of it.

7. antonio plaisir

antonio plaisir the detonator Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    unfortunately if ward ever gets himself back at the top of his game froch will likely be retired.

8. antonio plaisir

Nov 30, 2012
    it takes a highly selective take on reality to reach that conclusion, ignoring:

froch was open to a rematch before ward sabotaged his own career.

ward stated he would not travel to england because he reckoned he would get robbed.

froch isn't the 1 who is inactive.

9. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    no one knocks out Froch, not below CW.

10. alexthegreatmc

alexthegreatmc Sound logic and reason. You're welcome! Full Member

Sep 10, 2013
    I'm not getting into the past, I'm talking about now. Froch didn't say anything about Ward's inactivity, his promoter said that Ward doesn't bring in any money. Which is a reasonable excuse considering Froch already has a great resume and is looking for the biggest reward before retiring. And I think Froch loses worse now than he did last time, regardless what country they fight in.

11. Talivar

Talivar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Why would he, Ward has been inactive for ages, has lots of external issues and has not had a chance to test the severity if any of the after effects of his injury's in later rounds vs a strong fighter. Ward maybe as strong as before but he may also be much much weaker for a while. It is impossible to tell until we see him fight again a few times.

12. antonio plaisir

Nov 30, 2012
    impossible to say, given we don't know how ward is now.

but talking about now, whatever fast car says, ward is still unavailable, and had he remained active we'd be seeing a rematch.

13. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I'd expect the same. Ward to dominate. But don't write off the chances that inactivity could have hurt Ward- we've seen it happen plenty of times before.

In the last two years he's had a single fight, the soft opponent Edwin Rodriguez.

14. detamour

detamour Guest

look, carl said himself he wants no part of andre again. Understand what the man is saying?

15. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Source.