If Marciano Was Black???

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mcvey, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006

And very cruel considering Foxy's tendency towards
    "self loathing".You could end up with his blood on your hands.:nono

2. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004

Thank You for the correct explanation of my post. I dont really want to argue when people have personal opinions but its always good to look at things from another point of view, sometimes they can enlighten. There are times when peoples minds are set. I can be firm in some of my opinions but I try and explain the reasons as most do and we all learn something. I was not targeting anyone but responding to a post.

As far as me using the word destroy, I could have perhaps used a better word because B-Hop was never a destroyer but he did indeed destroy Kelly Pav's career and his experience was the key and its was head and shoulders over Kelly in that area.....destroy mentally, destroy confidence, destroy image....a good experienced boxer can do those things...Archie did it to a few guys-Bob Baker for 1 but I guess many feel Hopkins at 50 was younger than Archie at 38 (his true age) and Ezz at 32-33 or Walcott at 38

Thank You for getting it... you are a smart man :good

3. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Yeah, Hopkins did indeed destroy Pavlik's career, but that's the fault of Pavlik really..I mean, there have been far worst disasters that fighters have suffered over the years, and they had the inner "stuff" to persevere, build again and go on with the show. Floyd Patterson is an example of this....after Liston, he actually improved as a fighter....Emile Griffith, after the Hurricane Carter disaster, Lennox Lewis, after both stoppages of his career, Jack Dempsey, after Fireman Jim Flynn blew him out in 25 seconds, Gene Tunney, after the lacing he took from Greb,...all these men suffered more traumatic defeats than did Kelly, and they had the inner drive, determination and strength of character to overcome these defeats, whereas the fragile Pavlik didn't have it in him to do the same.

4. Bummy Davis

Aug 26, 2004

:good

5. Nighttrain

Nighttrain 'BOUT IT 'BOUT IT Full Member

Nov 7, 2011

Thank you to the both of you for your much needed sanity and perspective.

6. Foxy 01

Foxy 01 Boxing Junkie banned

Apr 23, 2012
    Oh, please!!

Nonsense like the above is what demoralises people. It's called freedom of information as well as freedom of speech. EDUCATION in other words. Far from merely accepting the propaganda and lies of those who govern, people demand to be told the truth, and they act upon it. People in Russia, China, the Middle East can communicate with each other instantly, and actually see how they live, rather than take the bullsh it lies they are told by their governments and fourth estates.

The best of luck to the younger generations is what I say. They at least will have the sense and courage to tell their governments to go fuk themselves if these pathetic little skirmishes we see around the world look like developing into a global war.

7. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

Nonsense! One cannot reasonably argue that academics are not largely biased to a failed progressive agenda. Largely comprised of people that would be unable to function in the real world,tenured professors both obtain and advance careers by publishing self serving articles and studies.

It sounds as if you have both drink and enjoy the kool aid. Younger generations have less of an opportunity than ever before to formulate their own educated opinions due to the combination of both increase involvement in their education by centralized governments as well as the political correctness movement which has in large part removed the ability to have an open frank and honest discussion about issues . Good luck to younger generations? Sure. They're going to need it.

While there may be more access to information than ever before this information is also less reliable, in the sold in quantity rather than quality. It's better to be first, or even better yet to generate more clicks than to be accurate. It is also much more lucrative to seek and pander to specific, identified target audience.

Your reference to the freedom of information being more available today is laughable. Those who have released information today are subject to much more prosecution and persecution than their peers 40 years ago. the only information which is much more accessible in today's environment is the personal information which individuals would prefer to keep private from their government.

8. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
  9. Foxy 01

Apr 23, 2012

10. Nighttrain

Nov 7, 2011

11. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Alcoholism destroyed Pavlik not Hopkins, he just put the final nail in the coffin.

Rock0052 and mcvey like this.
  12. red cobra

red cobra VIP Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    And I heartily agree with that!:good

13. Foxy 01

Apr 23, 2012

14. Bummy Davis

Aug 26, 2004

:good right on!!