I'm off the fury train

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kim_jong_un, Jul 10, 2021.

1. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    He has ALWAYS been a clown. Never liked him.

lordlosh likes this.
  2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    thats why i even bother saying that. nobody else sees it but me. so what people see is not what i see, when we look at fury and what he does and how he does it. given what i see in both fighters, i think aj outboxes him, and then ko him. not the first time im alone on an analysis. thats why i would love to see it, to see where im at in what i see.

lordlosh likes this.
  3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    As much i enjoy watching Fury, i cant be arsed with his career any more
    The majority of the division can retire as far im care

Always some excuse to dodge each other

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    ipitythefool likes this.
  4. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Sorry bro but I simply think Fury's speed will give him too much of an advantage in a technical boxing match. AJ wont go into a fight with Fury trying to outbox him. Joshua will need a KO or atleast knockdowns to win.

5. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    nothing to be sorry over, its not an unreasonable position. i just dont see it. im sure as individuals we look at different data and interpret it differently. i just havent seen anything from fury that tells me he would be able to outbox a guy that has what aj does, and uses it like aj does. i want to see if my personal experience is going to tell here, or if im past my prime, lol.

lordlosh likes this.
  6. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    He did outbox Wlad very convincingly though. Maybe not prime Wlad, but still a Wlad that could be a threat to anyone around even now. 40 year old Wlad was still miles better than anyone around now besides Fury and AJ.

MarkusFlorez99 and BubblesUK like this.
  7. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
  8. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    Jesus... You're off the Fury train because this one fight is delayed, but your idea of #1 instead is a habitual ducker who refuses to fight basically anyone above gatekeeper level? (Fury, the ONLY exception was a cherrypick gone badly wrong).

HW #1 is a two horse race between AJ and Fury - Wilder isn't anywhere near that conversation.

Cletis VanDamme likes this.
  9. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    he outplayed wlad, wasnt much boxing going on. i am 100% positive aj will handle those feints differently. that particular wlad had never been seen before, and never was after. i dont think the 9 punches fury connected in the fight prove it was fury, and not wlad, that determined the winner. then i look at wilder, who fury is on a trilogy with, and their 2 fights. and i see that the guy i think is the real fury, would absolutely be having trilogies with guys of wilders level. aj would blow wilder out the ring first time. or perhaps people think a guy of wilders level is also on the level of a whole wlad. if thats the case, what could i possibly say to unravel all that?

highlander, lordlosh and piprules like this.
  10. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    Oh definitely - he's wasted enough of his prime already and there's only so much time left to make good use of.

At the same time, Wilder 3 adds very little at this point either, so he's being wasted either way.

lordlosh likes this.
  11. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    Fury winning the first fight convincingly was against the odds given his condition... But thanks to questionable cards that didn't end Wilders reign.

The second fight he was fit and motivated - beating up a very limited champion with ten almost completely meaningless defences... I wouldn't call that against all odds at all.

12. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Are we talking about the same Fury who got gifted a decision against McDermott?

Holler and lordlosh like this.
  13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    1. It's a caravan not a train. 2. A true fan of Fury would've known that. And 3. Good riddance.

BubblesUK likes this.
  14. BubblesUK

May 6, 2021
    Unless the travellers are different where Fury comes from to the ones here (not as far North), they don't really call them caravans either - they call them "trailers"

Serge likes this.
  15. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    In America? You sure?