In march 2019 what will the British featherweight rankings look like?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lencoreastside, Mar 11, 2018.

1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Yes your right mate i was a little harsh on ramirez there

Scissors and PaddyGarcia like this.
  2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Cheatings cheating though isn’t it, does it really matter about the manner? I think they all deserve a ban that’s consistent. If you get caught, then you should be banned for a set time. I see some get banned for 6 months, others for 2 years etc. I appreciate that each ped is different but it’s still cheating, and it’s confusing for the fans.

Yes, I believe that once they serve their ban, they should be allowed another chance. If they do it again then they should be banned for life.

lencoreastside likes this.
  3. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Galahad's ban was too long so it was reduced by 6 months as the results weren't consistent with a deliberate doping plan.

Twentyman and lencoreastside like this.
  4. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    I can't agree with Warrington at no 1.

5. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    I think Selby wins too....but I doubt the gap between them is that wide...

6. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    No i wouldnt say that cheating is cheating and thats why i said its the manner in which its done.
    A good example would be enzo (iirc) his case was the jacked 3d that used to be available over the counter and he didnt realise it was a banned substance. In that case id say it was carelessness but some would call him a cheat.
    Its all about the intention. The ones who intend to cheat are the ones who should be banned for life and no second chances imo.
    In life im the first one to stand up and say people deserve a second chance but in this sport where lives are on the line you cant be too liberal. A hard line has to be taken.
    The only way i would alter my view would be that any one caught intentionaly cheating, after undergoing a lengthy ban of 5yr would then be subject to hair sampling as thats one test you cant get around.

Twentyman likes this.
  7. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Fair enough len but ive come to that conclusion as i think josh beats lee then if he faces carl before mch next year i reckon josh will have enough at that point to beat carl.
    If they havnt met by then, then i would rank carl above josh.
    Josh has to beat carl to get above him in the rankings.

lencoreastside likes this.
  8. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Bellotti coming through

Think he’ll be challenging Lowe/Walsh or euro title by the end of this year

9. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Excuse me for replying in 3 different posts and lengthening out this thread but lets get this in context. Firstly you seem to be a galahad sympathiser and are trying to fight his corner somewhat.
    He pushed the appeal process thats all he did. He manipulated the system for his own benefits. he came out with a bull excuse that hed been spiked instead of been honest and putting his hands up and showing remorse, he constructed a story with his brother who was serving time, that his brother spiked his protein shake as his brother wanted some kind of revenge on kid. If that was true why didnt his brother pick up the phone and let ukad know. Like i say he played the system and got a reduction. Your as bad as he is if you keep trying to defend him

10. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Good post. " be fair....test the hair"!

im sparticus likes this.
  11. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    Played the system? He's the only UK athlete ever to have his ban reduced without admitting doping.
    He was tested 6 times in the 12 months before this test including when he knocked out Dickens.

im sparticus likes this.
  12. uppercut_to_the_body

uppercut_to_the_body Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Barry Galahad #1

Just wait and see he will prove the doubters wrong

13. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Well he needs proper fights against proper opponents to do that. When's he gonna start?

Gene Sr and im sparticus like this.
  14. uppercut_to_the_body

uppercut_to_the_body Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    No one will fight him until he gets made mandatory, which he might for the IBF soon. Who would give him a voluntary defence? He's too dangerous.

Scissors likes this.
  15. Bent-nose

Feb 19, 2012
    Hopefully an IBF final eliminator in June.
    Frampton is no.3, Galahad no.5. Frampton gave up his European title when Galahad became his mandatory. What are the chances of Frampton giving it another swerve?