Irish Boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ardy, Dec 19, 2007.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Do you know why Quigs moved to ingle gym Sheffield, puca?

2. puca

puca Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 11, 2006
    iv heard it's nothing more exciting than good old fashioned homesickness.
    Golden boy say they will continue to give him their utmost help but out of sight out of mind.he will def not get the sparring camps or exposure he would get in the states.
    Ingle is a good trainer no doubt but it's just so much harder to get the opportunities to climb the ladder over here.

3. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks puca. Then again ingle has achieved a big coup with Billy Joe Saunders beating Lemieux at Jason's weight too. If JQ can spar Billy Joe then that's gotta be good, right? Wish him all the best either way...hope the hand is ok....

4. slapbangwhallop

slapbangwhallop The Sweet Scientist Full Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Johnny Nelson recommended Ingle’s I believe. Nelson has been a ‘SKY mentor’ for Quigley since the amateur days.

5. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Happy new year! What other gym would we expect 'Nelly Johnson' to recommend though? Doesn't mean it'll be "right" for Jason. He isn't the "typical" ingle gym successful Fighter, style-wise. Apart from favouring slippery unorthodox southpaw style fighters, there has also been a slight taint of PEDs about that gym too....fairly or unfairly it has been said over the years....( ingle himself has an impressively "bulky" physique for a man his age....)...

6. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Which gym this side of the Atlantic would you have said would be "right" for Quigley?
    Ingle has a big background in bodybuilding from what I can gather by his social media accounts. Not sure whether he was natural or not. A lot of his posts are about healthy recipes though. Maybe that "taint of PEDs" stems from the general skepticism in society these days with regards to most sports.

Birmingham likes this.
  7. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    One of his boxers ....kid Galahad was recently busted for steroids....and ingle himself has a very impressive physique for a man his age. Bodybuilding is synonymous with drugs. I'm not being nasty....these are fair questions that need to be aired these days.

Quigley doesn't fit the style profile of a typical historically successful ingle gym boxer.

That said if he as homesick ...he is still away from home in Sheffield...just closer to Donegal than California I guess.

8. marty

marty Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 20, 2008
    When does Quigley fight again???

9. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Dunno but he should benefit from being aired on new "teammate" BJS's under cards from now on ....hopefully...

10. SnatchBox

SnatchBox Boxing Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
  11. fra

fra Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Wtf

SnatchBox likes this.
  12. puca

Nov 11, 2006
    Rumour mill has it that ex amateur star Roy Sheehan will fight in the last man standing competition.
    Roy would beat 90% of the pros around his weight and if you ask me in a 3x3 format will take beating.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  13. J0E_90

J0E_90 Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Sharpness will be his main issue. Will be his first fight in 2 years, can't afford a slow start.

Can't wait for the tournament.

14. puca

Nov 11, 2006
    I agree but his last fight 2 years ago was winning the Elite title.
    From what Iv seen in the last year the large majority that turned over asked themselves the question.Can I win an Irish amateur senior title....if no then i may aswell go professional..boxing is about levels..

15. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Any truth in rumours of spike v Jacobs?