Is Barerra Shot?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Cepillo, Jan 15, 2009.

1. El Cepillo

El Cepillo Baddest Man on the Planet Full Member

Aug 29, 2008
    You might be right about Khan's attitude, if he does win. I personally think Barrera is obviously well past his best, be he is still Marco Antonio Barrera, and that means well past his best or not, he is a difficult and credible opponent for Amir Khan.

Should Khan win, I think that just puts his name into contention for a possible opponent for the big names in the division.

It makes sense for both men, for different reasons, but Khan is really the only one with something tangible to lose.

2. Addie

Addie Myung Woo Yuh! Full Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Khan must know that Warren would not put him in with a prime Barrera given what Marco did to Lloyd, Wenton, and Naz. Warren was ringside for all three, I believe.

3. borj

borj the Pacific Storm Full Member

Sep 3, 2008
    he aint shot. he still could compete with the best out there in my opinion. he is past his prime though

4. warrior85

warrior85 R.I.P THUNDER Full Member

May 30, 2007
    come on barrera,im hoping mab score a brutal fana type ko

5. El Cepillo

Aug 29, 2008
    Lloyd was KO'd in the 1st, Wenton was KO'd in the 4th.

Naz lost via a competitive points decsion (116-111, 115-112-115-112).

You make it sound like he got ****ed up and knocked out early like those guys.

6. LeadLeftHook

LeadLeftHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Barerras recent loss have come against one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world, Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marqeuz both fights were compeitive.

Barrera Pacquiao II was only 12 months ago. So how is Barerra shot, he is faded but certianly not shot.
    I would still consider him one of the top guys, if I had to rank lightweights.

7. El Cepillo

Aug 29, 2008
    I want to know who voted "Barrera is prime, or close to prime" - :rofl

8. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Barrera is totally shot. Did you see his last fight? he was slow as hell.

Against Marquez, Barrera put up a good fight, but was still outclassed during most of the fight imo. Prime for prime i think Barrera lays a nice a little whooping on Marquez.

Against Pacquiao in the 2nd fight, Barrera just survived, and Pac just let him do it.

For Khan to lose against MAB at this stage in MAB's career would be a total embarassment. For MAB to upset Khan would just further confirm the legend that he is.

9. 4Rounder

4Rounder Boxing Addict Full Member

May 14, 2006
    MAB is still a very dangerous opponent. He will trouble anybody that can't bully him.

10. El Cepillo

Aug 29, 2008
    But with Khan's speed, power and size advantage, Khan may well be able to bully the much smaller Barrera.

11. Addie

Addie Myung Woo Yuh! Full Member

Jun 14, 2006
    In fairness to Barrera, he could have stopped Ventura in the first round if he wanted too. He just wanted to get some rounds under his belt, and when he realized Ventura wasn't fighting, he decided to end it. Let's not judge Barrera on his comeback fight with a journeyman.

12. El Cepillo

Aug 29, 2008
  13. rjamesd1

rjamesd1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    BARRERA is only SHOT after every fight with PACMAN. :hat

14. El Cepillo

Aug 29, 2008
    ok!

15. El Cepillo