is steroid use common in boxing?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Farshad040, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Farshad040

Farshad040 Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2014
    i could swear atleast 5-7 guys (probably more) are on something that go to the place I box at.... even some women look muscular like a man.. are they on steroids ?? i thinkso..

2. caligula4

caligula4 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Adjust your question from boxing to 'sport' in general on a mainstream level and your answer is yes.

In boxing fighters are constantly caught, and that's one the ones that get busted as drugs develop constantly. Lucrative trade, but not unique to boxing

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    100% yes. Average gym rats at boxing gyms who don't even have aspirations to turn pro or box competitively at white collar or amateur level will be using drugs, so think logically and accept that the competitive "win at all costs" types will be doing so too.

I've been around many boxing gyms in London and know many people in the most famous gyms in London such as Peacock and Finchley. In the lockerrooms people discuss what they are taking and what they need openly.

4. captain hook

captain hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    taking drugs is for pussies.. EOD

Farshad040, YearZero and caligula4 like this.
  5. Bmacy168

Bmacy168 New Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I know so many fighters that used PED's but most just take the time to clear their system and don't get caught, sparring them while there "on" is no joke