It is time for Wilder to retire

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by truth_teller, Feb 22, 2020.

1. radupidu

radupidu Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Pretty sure Povetkin would've ended his career years ago

Regarding Dillian Whyte, that was one of the most blatant ducks in boxing history. How can one argue that Wilder wasnt protected by the WBC

George Crowcroft and reckless like this.
  2. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Here we go, here they all come, out of the woodwork. Knock a man whilst he is down. Fury would have done that to anybody, including AJ. Wilder has millions in the bank, been a champion for a long period with a KO ratio that compares to anybody in history. Yeah, he got his ass beat but that's boxing, lives to fight another day. He is a warrior for talking that beating, he didn't quit his corner did him a favor. Retire? Naw, another big payday and walk off into the sunset.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  3. djfonti

djfonti Active Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Because tinned tomatoes can't punch.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  4. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    he has millions. he does not have skills. this really is a hurt game. simple math. this is not the strongest era in heavy weight boxing. however, why endure the potential punishment? it is up to him. justifiable to continue on. he is not getting younger. he probably will continue on. i am just saying I would not blame any one ....with all that dough....if they chose to retire. he could even regain a belt. i do have a small vested interest in his retirement...i guess. no more silly masks and outfits prior to a bout. that would be nice.

5. TheMotorCityCobra

TheMotorCityCobra Active Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2018
    I suppose all the idiots saying Wilder should retire after 1 loss, also thought Vlad should have retired after Sanders decimated him in 2 rounds and dropped him 4 times. But fighters don't posses the same "quitters mentality" that most people like yourselves do. Deontay's not a great boxer, but he's not a quitter and he does posses the right hand eraser that gives him a punchers chance against anyone. There's millions and millions of dollars out there for him and he'll be back. Fans act like boxers can't have a bad night at the office. The same people were saying AJ was done and had no chance in the rematch with Ruiz. Man "boxing fans" are stupid.