Ive got a feeling BJS is getting KTFO against Lemieux

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by im sparticus, Dec 13, 2017.

1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Whilst no doubt Bill is a decent boxer, his inability to vary his work against a come forward puncher like lemieux means that hes going to be getting caught by something big, probably quite a few times, and one of them punches is going to be too much
    Key to BJS tactics is going to be stopping lemieux comeing fwd and apart from a decent jab theres nothing else to use as his armory.
    Bjs is still stuck in an amateur style of fighting, i.e laybacks and retreating in straight lines that hes going to be putting too much reliance on that one style jab he throws. He doesnt paw, he doesnt measure he doesnt control distance with the lead, overall hes got a very amateur style and i dont think itll be long before lemieux solves the problem and starts to land bombs.

Whats other posters thoughts

2. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    saunders is in good shape, he's really looking sharp and is up for this

could have a few shakey moments early on but saunders will win on points

N17 likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Sorry mate, couldn’t disagree more. One of the most talented boxers from these shores. He’s got an excellent skill set. Lemieux plants his feet to throw those big shots and for someone with BJS’s speed and reflexes, he’s easy to telegraph and counter.

impacted, BoxingABC1, N17 and 5 others like this.
  4. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    If BJS was a 12 round fighter it would be relatively straight forward, problem is, he's not.

Clark81 likes this.
  5. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    BJS is so hard to land clean on. Lemieux will have to be relentless and hope BJS tires to land something big on him..

6. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Still think there's a small chance BJS pulls out. I think the fight will happen, but I know I wouldn't be booking plane tickets for it.

7. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Hmmm, BJS prefers come forward fighters like Lemieux. BJS has very subtle effective footwork not the quick flashy footwork you would normally associate with back foot fighters.

For Lemieux to win this he has to be non stop and catch Saunders with a big shot which he is capable of doing. If BJS slows a lot like he tends to do then Lemieux can get to him. He is very slippery tho BJS and murder to fight I would imagine. Although I said BJS slows we have yet to see him in a fight where he needs to win the last few rounds to win a fight. So it really wouldnt surprise me if he chooses to take it easy as it seems that is in his nature.

8. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Ok 20 i hear what your saying but styles makes fights and whilst usùaly bill has no problem with styles similar to lemieuxs, he can bang. i cant see how bjs is going to evade lemeiux enough times before something big lands, its the fact thats lemieux can punch thats concerning me. If bill had more variation to control the distance against someone like lemieux i wouldnt have a problem.
    I think lemieux is going to start catching bill with big shots.

Delboy has alluded to the fact that bjs has subtle effective footwork, yes he does but he will go back in a line.
    Everything is on the line with bill. No head movement after shots. Pulls back on the line. Wont be able to control the distance of the line effective enough with his jab alone.
    I think lemieux is gonna start catching him.
    I hope im wrong and i hope hes learned some new skills with dom.
    I also think some arent giving lemieux enough credit either. He can counterpunch as well

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  9. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    I genuinely think David won’t land a clean power punch on billy, plus David’s got just as bad if not worse gas tank than billy joe.

10. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Lemieux just needs to make BJS work. Make him move and make him fight back. If he forces the pace once it gets to 6,7, 8 rounds BJS will be gassing hard and then Lemieux I think can stop him.

11. matt007

matt007 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Along with a couple of others I disagree. Bjs is very talented, underrated. Very good at judging distance and timing for his own counters. It will be very hard for lemy to catch him clean. His physical condition was the best we had seen from his last fight. Dom I guess made bjs train and eat healthy, he will improve his stamina for this fight I believe.

Bjs by close points decision.

12. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I really like Lemieux but he's too crude. I'd love to see him do it but I just see BJS outboxing him. If you stand in front of Lemieux you're finished so Saunders can't afford any time on the ropes early on getting his body worked, because if he slows down then Lemieux will finish him late.

13. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    The thing I worry about more than BJS getting KO'd is the fact that he tends to do what he needs to win a round and no more. That could be bad when fighting away from home and I also think that Golden Boy will want Lemieux v Canelo more than they will want BJS v Canelo

14. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Too early to tell about fitness. The Munroe fight was fought at a snails pace.

15. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Really looking forward to this fight now- Mandatory or not fair play to Saunders for taking it. He could have stalled it or tried to play up with some BS injury etc

It’s a dangerous fight, but Lemieux is most effective at short range and he has been outboxed in the past and I think Billy will do the same here and win on points.