Jack Dempsey vs George Foreman.

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by JohnThomas1, May 30, 2016.

1. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Don't tell, you have Dempsey & Marciano 1&2 on your top 10?

2. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    The mind boggles it really does.
    George didn't implode, he came up against one of the very,very few people who could have beaten him in Zaire.

'73 Foreman is a completely different animal to '19 Willard and a completely different colour.

When i watch that Toledo fight i am reminded of the Bruce Lee quote from Enter the Dragon......'' boards don't hit back''

3. foreman&dempsey

foreman&dempsey Boxing Addict banned

Dec 7, 2015
    A new troll officially lmao

4. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Foreman gased by the 4th round and that's a fact!

5. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Everybody picked George to ruin Ali. If Ali was one of the "very, very few people who could have beaten him" why didn't more people AT THE TIME forecast Ali winning?

It's an implosion. George fought the most stupid fight in history.

6. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    He had not eaten in three days when he fought Flynn.

7. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Guys coming off two absolute destructions of people who gave an aging Ali fits, what was George gonna do, dance around jabbing? George was thought to be invincible and George was sure feeling it too.

History shows us in hindsight what BlackCloud is putting down. Ali was even greater than people thought. I could say George wasn't as great as thought, but how many could have beaten him that night? Very very few. VERY few imo. Ali was taking punches that would have finshed other fighters, and i am talking ATG's.

8. foreman&dempsey

Dec 7, 2015
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

9. Pugilist_Spec

Pugilist_Spec Hands Of Stone Full Member

Aug 17, 2015
    George employed a smart gameplan against Ali. He cut the ring off extremely well, kept him in the corners and against the ropes, and whaled away.

Ali was just plain better.

10. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Not sure if serious:huh

Willard was a creaky lurch who stood in front of Dempsey with his hands kocked by his waist.

He would have been a one punch , one round KO victim for a young Mike Tyson.

Beating an unskilled carnie like Willard isn't a testament to anybody greatness.

Pillow puff punching nobody Joe Cox with just a 22% stoppage rate ended Willard in 3 rounds.
    Who exactly did Willard beat.

Peaire Coatzer was a better boxer than Willard. Foreman hammered him somethin terrible.

11. foreman&dempsey

Dec 7, 2015
    it is incredible how 4 trolls insisting finally made it look a competitive match and a debate lmao.

janitor,choklab etc guys, i donĀ“t wanna be too hard with you, but here we go...

1- foreman would destroy dempsey and he would make it look easy( however dempsey mobile footwork would alow him last longer than marciano)
    2- joe frazier was better than dempsey, bigger,stronger and hits harder
    3- ron lyle did hit hader than dempsey and marciano( charlie goldman said that oscar bonavena did hit harder than marciano). lyle was bigger, 35 pounds heavier and stronger than them.your history of who stopped more ranked contenders is a joke and it does not prove a **** about who hits harder, based on this **** then prime ali did hit harder than lyle too(and this idea is laughable), i agree with janitor in this point, being a more effective puncher or better finisher is not the same that being a harder puncher shot for shot.

12. foreman&dempsey

Dec 7, 2015
    yes brother, the sad thing is that he is serious:lol:

13. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    Willard was 8 fights green against Joe Cox :lol:

I wasn't even saying nor implying in any way that Willard is regarded as n ATG heavyweight. In fact he was a pretty poor one outside of his Johnson win.

Regardless of what you speculate what Tyson may have done Dempsey still hold the victory in the most brutal one sided beating in heavyweight title history. This thread is not about Tyson, it is about Foreman-Dempsey.

14. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Joe Cox was 6 fights green.

15. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    He clearly had better experience. Having been in the ring with Fireman Jim Flynn and Mike Schreck.