Jack Dempsey vs Primo Carnera

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by SuzieQ49, Aug 7, 2015.

1. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Yep keep thinking Dempsey knocks out every super heavyweight who ever lived in 1-2 rounds while Marciano couldn't knock out any big man under 5 rounds...delusional

2. SuzieQ49

Sep 14, 2005
    Reach? Carnera was not an outside fighter. He had no idea how to use his reach or use range and length. Carnera lost easily to men under 200lb and under 6 feet tall during his career, yet he has a shot at being competitive with the only undefeated heavyweight champion of all time?

Style? Carnera will stand right in front of Marciano. He couldn't punch hard, and had a glass jaw. Also no defense. He's about to tackle one of the greatest two fisted punchers and finishers in the history of the division...what style advantage does he possess to make this remotely competitive?

3. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Have you even watched the second Sharkey fight?

Pedro_El_Chef likes this.
  4. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Primo Carnera was strong, brave, had a ton of heart, he might last a good few rounds longer than some people predict.

5. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009

he isn't sad dude, he just thinks different :bbb

6. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I've never made that claim, you are regressing to your habit again, replying to statements that people haven't made.

7. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    I think Dempsey knocks out Louis, early, inside two rounds.That doesn't mean Dempsey is the more complete fighter ,he isn't If Louis can weather the storm, get into his rythmn ,and establish his range,the longer the fight goes the better his chances.It's entirely possible he does a number on Dempsey,I just pick Jack if you see that as ludicrous that's tough.

I sense you are on the point of losing your cool here and straining to be civil.
    This will be followed by a pm saying," Hi Bud we still cool?" Well yes we are, so lets give each other some space I've no problem with you picking Rocky ,the irritant here for you is me picking Jack!
    Stay cool Pal and keep punching!:bbb

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  8. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    I just see Marciano as more methodical in his attack he usually got the job done but in a more measured style than Dempsey ,[who really belongs on the other thread , but gets dragged into every Marciano discussion by the Triple M's ,] but was not as frenetic .

9. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Man ur so consumed with hating Dempsey that I'm concerned about u.
    Dempsey Is a top 5 HW let it go man.

10. SuzieQ49

Sep 14, 2005
    No he's not.

History will remember Marciano as better hundreds of years from now...get that through your head

11. SuzieQ49

Sep 14, 2005
    How come when Dempsey gets criticized it's considered hate? But when Marciano gets criticized, it's considered tolerable?

12. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    LOL ... Dempsey and Marciano aren't even that far apart, imho. Yet this must have been the biggest ****storm since Dino discovered Wlad.

13. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I won't give somebody an easy time if they wage a vendetta against any fighter.

I am sorry that you don't want more for yourself, than being Jack Dempsey's dinovelvet figure.

14. SuzieQ49

Sep 14, 2005
    Exactly my point. Multiple posters have taken the liberty to troll and criticize Marciano, yet you don't call them out. Instead me crtitisizing Dempsey I get called a hater on the level of a Dino

15. SuzieQ49

Sep 14, 2005
    Yes. Sharkey showed up in possibly the worst shape I ever ever seen a heavyweight show up in until Kirk Johnson broke the record against Vitali.

Sharkey was in such poor shape, you gotta wonder if he even trainee because he knew the fix was in. I think he arguably took a dive.

The first fight, Sharkey knocked Carnera down and won 13 out of 15 rounds. Sharkey couldn't punch hard either, and was nowhere near the fighter Rocky Marciano was

Again were pitting Carnera against one of the all time great two fisted punchers we have ever seen in the heavyweight division